Dahua NVR replacement

par234

n3wb
Reaction score
We currently have a knock off Dahua 16 channel NVR. We are looking to upgrade to a 32 channel. The current system has a 8TB drive in it. It has 16 built in POE ports.

Would NVR5232-16P-4KS2E be the right product to swap to? I understand I would need to get a switch to use all 32 channels. Is there any real benefit of getting a non POE NVR and using switches? I would like to add two PTZ cameras and have considered a fish eye camera. Would these products be compatible with the NVR? Any reliable sellers to purchase from?

I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The benefit to a non-POE NVR is that it is one less thing to break on the NVR. I have had NVRs where the POE ports went out - a big hassle.

You should match brands of cameras and NVR to ensure full functionality. Dahua PTZs and fisheye will work with this NVR. Other brands may work, but functionality is limited.

Many here use @EMPIRETECANDY, a trusted vendor here that sells Dahua OEM products. So you get full Dahua capability without paying for the Dahua Logo.

He has an Amazon store and AliExpress store, and you can DM him as well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
POE NVR is easier for newbie, plug in and play, sure need so some settings on IVS or camera condtions. Can be cheaper than NONE POE NVR+ Dedicated POE Switch.
NONE POE NVR is easier to do people who want to do more elaborate/deep settings on cams, for guys who have good researching capacity and network technology.

par234

n3wb
Reaction score
I see that's what I assumed as well. I see the vendor has the non POE listed too.

That's the plan. I like the Dahua PTZ and fisheye cameras.

I'll contact the vendor.