Dahua NVR - rtsp stream for split view (multi view)

user_123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting my first Dahua NVR (NVR4108) and would like to ask if it is possible that the NVR streams an rtsp-stream of the multi-view-window with for example 4 cameras simultaneously displayed.

The goal is to receive this stream on my TV-SAT-receiver (which is capable of receiving rtsp-streams) to see the stream of 4 cameras on one channel while the NVR is placed in the basement.

Is this generally possible with Dahua NVRs?

Thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that NVR has an HDMI output, what about this?
J-Tech Digital H.264 Encoder Supports RTSP, RTP, RTMP, HTTP, UDP Protocol and ONVIF for IPTV, Live Broadcast, Youtube

Takes HDMI in, encodes to RTSP (among others) with main stream and 3 more substreams, all with adjustable bit rates.

Review and demo ==>> here

It's compatible with VLC player as well. Now my interested has been peaked. I wonder if I can put Live TV satellite weather into it and stream into my Blue Iris server as a camera? Then I could view anywhere using browser and BI's UI3 or on my Blue Iris iPhone app?

Hmmmm.... where's that jar with $200 worth of coins I've been collecting for 5 years?

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to the original question? I'm trying to stream to my pi, and figured out how to stream the RTSP individual camera feeds, but want to stream the multiview from the nvr.
Thanks.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to the original question? I'm trying to stream to my pi, and figured out how to stream the RTSP individual camera feeds, but want to stream the multiview from the nvr.
Thanks.
What happens if you hook your pi to the RTSP feed on channel 0?

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nothing. I've tried 0, 0-0, and 1-17, which gives me a single camera view on 1-6 (6 cameras connected at the moment)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest having the pi pull sub streams to build its own camera grid. It is more complex to set up this way, but should be doable with something like SvenVD/rpisurv

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I've tried the J-Tech digital H.264 encoder linked by @TonyR above and I can't recommend it. It had some video quality problems that were simply not present in older and cheaper Chinese encoders.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing. I've tried 0, 0-0, and 1-17, which gives me a single camera view on 1-6 (6 cameras connected at the moment)

What happens if you connect another tool (eg VLC) to view these feeds? I know from experience that ones I hooked my VTH (dahua's intercom touch screen) to Channel 0 of my Dahua NVR, I immediately got a mosaic... Hence my suggestion.

But try VLC first, it might be a resolution thingy with the pi which VLC might better digest.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am using VLC, and I even tried it on my main computer to make sure it wasn't some restriction via the pi, but had the same problem. I may have to look into some other methods as BP suggested.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did anyone find a valid RSTP stream for the multi screen views from NVR? I've tried every combination but no luck at all.