Dahua NVR setup

Reaction score
Installed Dahua N52B2P4 NVR. Logged in to begin setup. Message to "Please install plugins first". Not sure what this means and what plugins to install. Recommendations and advice?
PackBacker4751

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed Dahua N52B2P4 NVR. Logged in to begin setup. Message to "Please install plugins first". Not sure what this means and what plugins to install. Recommendations and advice?
PackBacker4751
Were you logged in directly on the NVR with a monitor? That’s the best way to set it up the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PackBacker4751
Those would be ActiveX plug-in's for IE.

I suggest you instead use the free Palemoon 32 bit browser. To quote @bp2008 , ".....ir will likely be easier to get along with than IE. It is a better browser than IE and it supports the same plugins that Firefox and Chrome did years ago."

EDIT: Since I don't use a NVR (I use Blue Iris), I defer to the advice from @msnow and @bigredfish regarding initial setup being best done with monitor and mouse on the NVR, no PC involved.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Were you logged in directly on the NVR with a monitor? That’s the best way to set it up the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. Dont use the web interface for initial setup. Connect directly to the NVR with a monitor and mouse

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you get the initial setup done, just a few steps, then do all of your configuration in the web interface. During configuration don’t worry about choices, you can change them once you get back in via browser