DAHUA NVR SMD settings

Kiupa

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't do SMD settings to my Dahua NVR, i got the message "Channel 1 configuration is on and editing is blocked" What does this mean, what should i do?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Moi Kiupa and welcome to the forum!

What NVR and cameras are you running?
A general recommendation is that you do as much camera settings on the camera itself --> Login in to the camera web-interface to set up I.E. SMD or IVS instead of doing it from the NVR.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, then do like this!
Logon the the respective cameras and enable SMD (Settings -> Event -> SMD).

To make sure the events are being recorded, logon to the NVR and check the record settings (Settings -> Storage -> Schedule), in my setup I have enabled General, Motion and Intelligent. Then everything "intresting" will be recorded. Further you can also setup if you want to record on the main-/sub-stream, this is done in "Record Mode" and configured for every channel.

Btw, I tried to reproduce your error but couldn't. Hopefully it works for you by simply configuring it directly on the camera.

To test it I find the simplest way is to do is by subscibing to the SMD person/vehicle-alarm using the DMSS app.

Kiupa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, it looks like my cameras don't have this SMD at all, only tripwires. In the future I will make all camera settings on the camera itself.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, it looks like my cameras don't have this SMD at all, only tripwires. In the future I will make all camera settings on the camera itself.
SMD should be its own TAB, just like IVS for tripwires is its own TAB. Look over to the left of the screen and you should see different types of items to configure.

What camera is it?

Post a screenshot of your camera GUI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, so your camera has SMD...why do you think it doesn't?

You either use SMD, MD or Smart Plan with IVS. It is best not to use all of them and just pick one. If your camera has AI and can filter based on human or motor vehicle, we suggest not using SMD or MD and just Smart Plan/IVS.

From the IVS screen, you will not see SMD as IVS is tripwires, intrusion, etc.

For SMD, you just check the SMD box in that screen and you have SMD triggering.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
#Whoops LOL

Why we should look at this from a computer and not a phone :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh that is the lite series, so it does not have SMD.