Dahua NVR web GUI "config file error" not showing cameras..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am getting a "Config file error" when logging into my dahua NVR web GUI.

None of the names of the cameras are showing up nor is the video.

This happens on both Chrome, edge and IE. I reset browsers and also tested on other computers in the office with the same result.

Any suggestions?

config file error.png

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I reset DEFAULT on all Parameters
Had to reboot the NVR a few times after the default reset but now I no longer get the error and everything seems to be working as should...

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have got the same problem when i upgraded the firmware on an 4208-8p-4ks2. Any ideas how to solve this? (Going back a FW version didn't fix the problem)

Last edited:

Poli_88

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. I have a Dahua NVR 2104-4KS2 and the Web Interface is showing "Config file error" both in "Live" and "Search" page. Locally on the NVR instead, all is working fine.
I tried to restore default and also factory reset, but without success. In my case, the issue is present when I add more than one IP CAM.
Anyone who can help ?

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here. I have a Dahua NVR 2104-4KS2 and the Web Interface is showing "Config file error" both in "Live" and "Search" page. Locally on the NVR instead, all is working fine.
I tried to restore default and also factory reset, but without success. In my case, the issue is present when I add more than one IP CAM.
Anyone who can help ?
I also noticed today that locally on NVR all is working.

I feel bad for you, but i am a bit relieved i am not the only one.

Last edited:

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think i solved it. But maybe not usable for you @Poli_88. My NVR has got a PoE switch build in.

I changed my camera manufacturer from ONVIF, to private. (So also from port 80 to 37777). I cannot pick Dahua, just a small list.

After doing this i am not getting the config file error anymore, and i am seeing the channels when i go to "search" :)

Only problem i still have, after reboot all the cameras are back to ONVIF.

Last edited:

spanky81

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have a nvr ikr nvr 4208 of 2016, can I tell me what is the latest firmware and if it is updated to h.265? thank you

SergioXII

n3wb
Reaction score
Device Model: DHI-NVR4216-4KS2 - same picture "config file error". Dahua, what the F%$^!?