Dahua NVR will not find either of my two Dahua IPCs

Jeroen1000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is the router shows you a list of all attached devices. The only downside would be the cam has to request a new IP periodically which might cause a second or 2 of down time periodically, but no biggie as it gets the same address each time. I use dhcp reservation
unfortunately that has not worked for me (EDIT: IT HAS HALF WORKED!!). To recap on what i have done
- Physical reset of both cameras
- Manually sett ip address of one, but the second one would not allow me in (after I had changed pass), and it stated "account locked"!
- In order to continue to see if I could get the NVR to recognice at least one of the cameras, I manually assigned the NVR an IP. In this case it was 192.168.1.26, and I changed the default gateway to 192.168.1.1. One of my IP cameras is manually assinged to 192.168.1.60.
- I have checked my router, and it is 192.168.1.1.
- I have my NVR plugged into the POE switch.
- I also have my router plugged into my POE switch.
- When I access my NVR, the two cameras appear, the one which IP I successfully manually assigned (to 192.168.1.60) and also the camera that locked me out (which still has the IP assigned to it ater the physical reset i.e. 192,168.1.108).
- I try to add both cameras, however they move down to the "added device" box, but both show red status radio buttons (EDIT: NOW THE .108 CAMERA SHOWS GREEN AND I CAN VIEW, BUT THIS WAS THE CAMERA THAT I DIDNT MANUALLY RE-ASSIGN AN IP ADDRESS TO!!!). THE .60 CAMERA (MANUALLY RE-ASSIGNED) STILL SHOWS RED STATUS

I am going to need to medical attention soon, these cameras have my mind cracked!!!!
If I'm not mistaken, you have changed the camera password (for the one that does not work)? Dahua forces you to I believe. When you add the cams in the NVR, you have to provide the new password you chose. It may be as simple as that. All your gear is in the same subnet so it should work. Even without the default gateway.

That would explain why the fresly reset ones works: it has the default password.
Also I do not agree that DHCP is equally good. If the power goes out in his house, both router and cams will be down. It is likely they will then not receive the same address as they previously had. That will result in you having to have to add them again as the NVR will be knocking on the wrong door.

Jeroen1000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure all routers allow that but yeah that boils down to more or less the same thing. Splitting hairs but it's still not as good as fixed:)

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure all routers allow that but yeah that boils down to more or less the same thing. Splitting hairs but it's still not as good as fixed:)
And I can update that.... It is not fixed. I am not sure I am cut out for this IP camera game, I thought I had enough basic knowledge about networking.

- I can log into both cameras now with no problem. I assigned them both to be DHCP.
- I have also logged into the NVR and clicked the DHCP option for this too.
- The cameras now appear as follows in the NVR, still no video feed:

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera on the top and the one on the bottom are 2 different cameras. On the top one, click the box and then Add.

DHCP reservation is performed in your network router.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera on the top and the one on the bottom are 2 different cameras. On the top one, click the box and then Add.

DHCP reservation is performed in your network router.
Thanks. Not sure why, but when I view the NVR now, it has the 192.168.1.60 camera in both the top and bottom box. No other camera present. The status is RED for the camera in the bottom box.

When I log into my router, for some reason I do not see the cameras nor the NVR in the list of "Attached devices"

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
10.1.1.x is the subnet for the cameras connected to the NVR. 192.168.1.x is your local network subnet. If you have 2 cameras, plug one into the NVR and one into the POE switch. You'll see both on your NVR and see exactly what I'm talking about.

What router are you using?

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
10.1.1.x is the subnet for the cameras connected to the NVR. 192.168.1.x is your local network subnet. If you have 2 cameras, plug one into the NVR and one into the POE switch. You'll see both on your NVR and see exactly what I'm talking about.

What router are you using?
ok, the router is from my ISP (SKY). I have now re-arranged my connections so the switch is connected to my router, and my router connects to my NVR. (preevously I had a cable from my switch direct to NVR and a separate cable from my router direct to my switch)
For this situation, nothing shows on the NVR camera registration (top nor bottom box). When I log into my router, I can see the cameras under the attached device list. I think this might be a smoking gun for somebody? I feel there is something fundamentally wrong with my setup

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I assume your router has an integrated switch? You'll presumably have like 4 numbered ports on the back. The NVR and the POE switch each need to be connected to one of these ports.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
update again (i apologies for my manner in posting).. I changed the subnet mask in the TCP/IP setting to 255.255.255.0 and now the cameras show up. I add them, but still red x and red status

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I assume your router has an integrated switch? You'll presumably have like 4 numbered ports on the back. The NVR and the POE switch each need to be connected to one of these ports.
Yes, thats the exact setup now. two ports on the back of the ISP router. One cable to the network port of the NVR. The other cable to the POE switch

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you need to get that information put into the NVR.

On the bottom portion, click on the box and then the pencil. You should be able to enter the password.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you need to get that information put into the NVR.

On the bottom portion, click on the box and then the pencil. You should be able to enter the password.
You are a lifesaver!!!! SUCCESS!! Thank you so so much. I modified the password, and remembered that I had logged in under a different username and had also setup this username in the camera! Thank you for being so so helpful

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
The network port on the NVR is not intended to be used for cams. That port would plug into the switch.

When a cam locks you out, its for a set period of time. Simply power cycle the cam to unlock.

I would reset everything back to defaults, NVR & Cams.

Then ---one at a time--- plug the cams into the poe port on the --nvr--. Plug first cam in, wait for the NVR to configure it, then plug in the 2nd cam.

It can take up to 5 minutes for the NVR to discover and setup the cam. This --should-- happen automatically.
The network port on the NVR is not intended to be used for cams. That port would plug into the switch.

When a cam locks you out, its for a set period of time. Simply power cycle the cam to unlock.

I would reset everything back to defaults, NVR & Cams.

Then ---one at a time--- plug the cams into the poe port on the --nvr--. Plug first cam in, wait for the NVR to configure it, then plug in the 2nd cam.

It can take up to 5 minutes for the NVR to discover and setup the cam. This --should-- happen automatically.
Good explication, looney ,i have another issue like this,why my nvr dahua force all my cam to start with adress 10.1.1.65,instead adress that i give to .

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good explication, looney ,i have another issue like this,why my nvr dahua force all my cam to start with adress 10.1.1.65,instead adress that i give to .
Thats by design. It puts the cams on a separate subnet which helps keep them safe from the internet.