Dahua NVR - Wireless Mouse

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get a wireless mouse to work with a Dahua NVR?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
My guess is this, in Windows it needs to load the driver, no driver no mousie, the nvr might not understand what it has plugged in, however it would seem to me that just about any wired mouse works with these NVRs ..Good Question though. Wont know till you try, I never hav but now you spiked my thought on this.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
My guess is this, in Windows it needs to load the driver, no driver no mousie, the nvr might not understand what it has plugged in, however it would seem to me that just about any wired mouse works with these NVRs ..Good Question though. Wont know till you try, I never hav but now you spiked my thought on this.
I'm guessing it did not work, hence the question. But my bet would be to:
1) use "the other" USB port (mine has back-USB and front-USB) - you might be lucky with one of those
2) connect the wireless mouse and reboot the NVR. Fat chance that the "linux" kernel might not be that plug and play, hence a reboot might straighten some stuff out

Keep us posted on the outcome!
CC

PS. I prefer wired mices, as fat chance that the moment you do need to have hands-on on the NVR, the batteries refuse service. And than you gonna remember this topic :wave:

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two Dahua nvrs with wireless mice. One with the dongle on the front port, the other on the rear port. Plug and play, no re-boot necessary.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get a wireless mouse to work with a Dahua NVR?
Over the time, I have used several Logitech Mice and they all work well for me within 5ft from the dongle. I currently use a Logitech M325 mouse, and if I remember correctly, I had used a Logitech MX Anywhere, and some Logitech keyboard+mouse combo with this NVR and they all worked well. When I hooked up the NVR to a larger 4K screen, I need to sit further out from the screen, so I've use a USB-A male-to-female cable to extend the dongle out to where I sit, about 10ft away from the NVR.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW I even have a Logitech Unifying Receiver plugged into a USB port on my 65" Sony Smart (Android) TV and its works like a charm; it's paired to a Logitech K400 Plus keyboard with touchpad.....I hate using the virtual keyboard on-screen and mouse pointer so this works great from about 15 feet.

BTW, they're $20 now on amazon at the above link.

Last edited: