Dahua nvr with dual NICs ..

Moranfabri

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello every1 .
2 days a go ,I got an NVR dahua brand.
It has 2 Ethernet ports .
My main network ips is 192.168.1.1
Can I use the first port for the main network . and the second port for my cameras network with different ips schema such as 172.16.16.1 to 16.255.
Or I will not be able to remote access using client or a browser ? ?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a Hikvision built nvr with 2 NICs, and used it as you're asking: One nic on the main network and the other nic for the cameras on a different subnet. I'd would assume you can do the same thing with 2 dual-nic dahua nvr. The hikvision nvr had a feature called "virtual host" where you could access the camera web interfaces on the other subnet through the nvr. Does dahua have this feature? Somebody with a dual-nic dahua nvr will have to answer. The problem is that almost everybody on the forum who runs a dahua nvr has a single-nic model. If nobody can answer, you could try poking around the nvr's GUI for something that sound's like virtual host.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HI Moranfabri. I have a Dahua NVR with 2-NIC, in which eth-1 is connected to my network, while the eth-2 is connected to my cameras/antennas. As an example, set the Ethernet Port-1 for 192.168.1.1, while the Ethernet Port-2 IP is set to 172.16.16.5, and the default gateway (eth-2) is set to 172.16.16.1. The cameras will be registered as 172.16.16.X ~ up to the number of cameras. I do not recommend using the Smart-Registry feature, since it will randomly assign the IP from the eth-1 (at least, that was my case). If using dahua cameras (Private), take note of the password to be included during the set-up process, since the default admin is no longer allowed (security reasons). In the camera registration section, press "manual add", include all the camera details >>press "save" >> then "apply". Yes. you may access remotely.