Dahua NVR wont keep saved password for camera

Sifu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im running a NVR2108 and some HDW4431 and HDW4433 cameras.

I dont have any issues with the 4431 but with the 4433, every time my NVR reboots (whether its from the auto reboot feature which annoyingly i cant turn off or from a power cut), i have to manually go in and change the camera password.

When I first connected the 4431 there was no issues as there are default passwords for the camera already in there. With the 4433 I was prompted to change the factory password to a new one. This new password is the one I have to put in each time the NVR reboots.

Can anyone suggest why the NVR is not able to remember this new password that i put in the for cameras? Its annoying having to do this every single time the NVR reboots.

Thanks

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would think it has something to do w the fw(firmware). Either the nvr or the camera or possibly both need updating. Definitely worth checking into to.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have run into issues like this with cameras not keeping settings after a re boot, some were fine but some of the same model did just what you are seeing, A firmware update to the cams and NVR solved this issue. Hopefully the 4433's are not Chinese region cams.

Reaction score
Hi
please anyone guide me how I can reset my NVR2108HS 8P, while I have forgotten all my passwords.
Please help...