Dahua NVR2108-8P-4KS3 not working AI in NVR

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Dahua NVR2108-8P-4KS3 recorder. I have non-Dahua cameras connected to it using Onvif. The cameras work properly, i.e. camera motion detection works, you can change their settings, resolution, bitrate, detection area, etc. The problem, however, is with the operation of the SMD Plus function. According to the specifications, it has 4 channels supporting SMD Plus through the recorder. However, after enabling this function for a given channel, instead of sorting the type of detection, I do not have any. Even those from cameras disappear.

This is exactly this model:
In Alarm->Video detection, I have it turned on for a given channel and the schedule is set for all days and hours:
dahua1.jpg

In Storage -> Schedule I have motion detection, alarm and intelligent detection selected:
dahua2.jpg
And it works correctly, there are camera detections marked as motion.

However, if I now turn on AI->Parameters->SMD, I have no detections, I can dance macarena in front of the camera and it will not react. Also here I set the schedule for all days and hours and, as you can see, AI from the recorder is selected:
dahua3.jpg

Is there anything else that needs to be enabled for this feature to work properly? I also thought that maybe it requires Dahua cameras to work, but there is no info of it anywhere in the specifications. I have the latest firmware, i.e. the only one currently available.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, as you probably know, SMD is simply an overlay with AI on top of regular MD. It is dependent on MD being enabled and the area defined.
Can you recheck that both MD and SMD are enabled for that particular channel on the NVR interface? Set sensitivity to High, reboot NVR then test.

IVS is far superior to MD/SMD for human/vehicle detection. Most of us don’t bother with MD/SMD except in certain specific scenes or to alert on cats. You may want to try it.

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, MD is turned on and working. I get detection every time a car drives or a person walks down the street. Turning on the additional SMD that there is no detection. All day long, complete zero. And not only on this one camera, also on others, e.g. in the garden where I am there. I tried turning detection off/on, resetting the recorder to factory settings and it doesn't work. I have no idea what else to do, it just doesn't work. And the YouTube video shows that it works immediately.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Well that wont work, I dont have AI/SMD by the Recorder only by camera.

It SHOULD work agreed.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@GUTEK@
You stated "I get detection every time a car drives or a person walks down the street.". It seems you have achieved what you need. Well done.

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm writing through a translator, so some of the wording may be wrong Classic detection works correctly, detecting passing cars or people. Enabling SMD causes no detections. I also tried to change the image parameters of the cameras, I turned off H265+, turned on H264, changed bitrate and fps. Did not help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are detecting cars and people and that is what you want, then who cares of SMD works?

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Very few people here use SMD. Either MD or IVS.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm writing through a translator, so some of the wording may be wrong Classic detection works correctly, detecting passing cars or people. Enabling SMD causes no detections. I also tried to change the image parameters of the cameras, I turned off H265+, turned on H264, changed bitrate and fps. Did not help.
Reboot after turning off h.265? Don’t recommend it it’s not very effective and has caused various issues.
You’re not running ROI are you?

ForWhhy

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it will not work with 3rd party cameras.
The camera is set to MD?
What onvif standards does the camera have?
In AI mode the nvr is waiting for motion signal from the camera.

Last edited: