Dahua nvr4104hs-p-4ks2 unknown admin password

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have bought this nvr on auction 2 weeks ago but the seller doesnt know the password and he doesn't have an access to the recovery email too.
Now this nvr is totally useless and I dont know what to with it.Is there any way to be reset to factory default settings?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I have bought this nvr on auction 2 weeks ago but the seller doesnt know the password and he doesn't have an access to the recovery email too.
Now this nvr is totally useless and I dont know what to with it.Is there any way to be reset to factory default settings?
That's one of the disadvantages of buying "cheap" at an auction right, don't blame the seller or us about lacking guarantee/warranty :p

What you could do:
  • connect vga/hdmi to the NVR and have a look if you can pass through to the factory default settings (the web interface is much restricted on getting through, any internetz hacker can then hack his way in)
  • open the box, and remove the "bios" battery. put it back in, and retry step 1
  • launch ConfigTool from Dahua and let it search for the device. it may (or may not) be more successful than you and I).

Good luck!
CC

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
That's one of the disadvantages of buying "cheap" at an auction right, don't blame the seller or us about lacking guarantee/warranty :p

What you could do:
  • connect vga/hdmi to the NVR and have a look if you can pass through to the factory default settings (the web interface is much restricted on getting through, any internetz hacker can then hack his way in)
  • open the box, and remove the "bios" battery. put it back in, and retry step 1
  • launch ConfigTool from Dahua and let it search for the device. it may (or may not) be more successful than you and I).

Good luck!
CC
Hi, well the nvr is working but it has only admin account and for forgotten password it will send file to an email that neither I or the seller has access, the same situation is with the secret questions. I see the nvr via vga and with config tool too, but I cant reset it and also I cant upgrade the firmware because it ask me for the admin password.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, well the nvr is working but it has only admin account and for forgotten password it will send file to an email that neither I or the seller has access, the same situation is with the secret questions. I see the nvr via vga and with config tool too, but I cant reset it and also I cant upgrade the firmware because it ask me for the admin password.
If I recall correctly, in ConfigTool, you can generate a QR code which, sent to Dahua support, can generate a new password. But you'll require access to dahua support for that.