Dahua NVR4208-8P-4K - 8ch factory reset

ZOS

n3wb
Reaction score
I accidentally set the monitor resolution to the highest HDMI setting-- which my monitor does not support. Now the monitor is dark. I've hooked up a VGA monitor but there is no output from the NVR. Does anyone know how to do a factory reset? Online manual mentions holding the FCn button while rebooting but there are no buttons whatsoever. I don't mind reverting to factory defaults since nothing has been set. I don't know if I can find a monitor with the highest setting on the nvr.

ZOS

n3wb
Reaction score
No. The monitor is black, doesn't recognize any input. I tried another monitor--no input either. I thought you could have dual monitors HDMI and VGA , but when connected, the VGA monitor has no input either.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it did support dual monitors the'd have to both be the same resolution.. it'd only do mirroring at best, if it does.. never tried.

figure out how to reach its WebUI, I forgot what the default IP of mine was.. probably 192.168.1.108 like all dahuas

ZOS

n3wb
Reaction score
Got to the web service on my desktop Mac, thought the user name and pw were both - admin.
Denied access. Now the account is locked

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you haven't changed the pswd the default is admin, admin, also try 888888, 888888

ZOS

n3wb
Reaction score
I can reach Web Service but admin gives invalid password response. 888888 gives access denied and 666666 gives account does not exist response. Same results using a Windows laptop. Not sure of what else to do.