Dahua NVR4208-8p-4K / access to cams

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I just received my 4208-8p-4K NVR and IPC-HDW4431C-A, so everything from Dahua.
Everything works great and I'm now playing with fine tuning. Regarding the settings of the image quality, do I need to remotely connect to the IP cam or everything is available through the NVR HMI ?
If yes, how to connect to this cam? 4431C-A is connected to the POE NVR LAN (so not directly the LAN). My NVR is connected to the LAN but I guess I'd have to configure some routing somewhere...

Regards.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you went with built in PoE, the cameras are not directly accessible.. You should be able to do most everything through the NVR and SmartPSS.. but should you need direct access to the camera, you'll want to plugin to a PoE port with a laptop so your on the same network.

The PoE ports on the back are completely isolated on a Dahua NVR, it does not route traffic from PoE to LAN.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I apologize if I'm repeating what Nayr is saying but in Firefox I type in the NVR adress 192.168.1.xxx (or whatever your local is) and I get the web page for the NVR. You might need to download a plugin or something..... I can't remember. Anyways this will connect to your NVR wireless.

Most of the time I just adjust stuff through the NVR directly.

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. As nayr said, the NVR has its own POE switch with IP addressing different from my LAN. I folllowed nayr recommendations: connected my laptop to a POE port of the NVR, configured the IP address of the laptop within the POE switch range and then accessed the cam through web browser.

I was looking to do so because in the NVR I don't find the way to configure the image profile for night and day. I only have config1, config2, config3 and no scheduling of profiles ... strange.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a little strange... On my NVR 5416 I go to Main Menu - Camera - Image - Day & Light and then click on "Auto"

In the Config file menu there is Day, Night, Normal or Switch by Period. I keep mine on Normal.

I didn't see config1 2 or 3. Hmmmm.

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is a little strange... On my NVR 5416 I go to Main Menu - Camera - Image - Day & Light and then click on "Auto"

In the Config file menu there is Day, Night, Normal or Switch by Period. I keep mine on Normal.

I didn't see config1 2 or 3. Hmmmm.
I don't understand me too, attached a screenshot:
nvr.jpg

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I played with image settings directly on the cam and finally went to the conclusion that config1 on NVR corresponds to day, config2 to night and config3 to normal !