Dahua NVR4208-8P-4K recording question

tdale4

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from an inexpensive 720P Zmodo NVR system to a Dahua NVR4208-8P-4K NVR with Dahua Cameras

I've got the NVR set-up and everything seems to be working well, but I had a question about recording

I have the NVR set for continuous recording as I've found motion only record can miss things.

Is there a way to continuous record and to have motion events identified in the record timeline so that reviewing video in the future will be easier? This way I can scan thru any motion events and see if it's the video I need, If that fails then I can review the entire video to find what I need.

I've set the cameras motion area and sensitivity, but I don't see any motion events when I go into playback.

TIA
Tim

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to make a schedule for the motion recording too, and that has to be for every channel separately.

In web ui: SETUP -> STORAGE > SCHEDULE, choose channel, click setup on sunday, tick MD (00-24 chosen by default), click All and then OK and OK again.

You should be aware also of the skipped frames issue which has been talked here What is the deal with dahua NVR motion and skipped frames?

tdale4

n3wb
Reaction score
You have to make a schedule for the motion recording too, and that has to be for every channel separately.

In web ui: SETUP -> STORAGE > SCHEDULE, choose channel, click setup on sunday, tick MD (00-24 chosen by default), click All and then OK and OK again.

You should be aware also of the skipped frames issue which has been talked here What is the deal with dahua NVR motion and skipped frames?
thanks for the link, I went and read that thread, seems like the same issue I had with my last system not properly recording motion events,

Been reading up more on the NVR and it looks like the smart search is working pretty well, I didn't know it had such a feature, but it's working well to identify motion. guess I can just use smart search when I have to review video in the future

Thanks for the help.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, I have sometimes tested smart search but tought it is just to go thru MD records in a certain area. Does it work also when the whole timeline is green (no motion record on)? So the motion detection happens
during play?

tdale4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, I have sometimes tested smart search but tought it is just to go thru MD records in a certain area. Does it work also when the whole timeline is green (no motion record on)? So the motion detection happens
during play?
it seems to work for me, I don't have any motion recorded events but the smart search seems to do well sifting thru the continuous recording to find motion, still learning how this nvr works, I've attached a few pictures to show you what I'm talking about, It detected my lights turning on in the back yard without issue, only took a minute or so to skip ahead a full hour and find motion

Attachments