Dahua NVR4208 - IVS Flags/Markers

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 5 cameras connected, recording 24/7 to the NVR, no internal SD cards.
Since day 1, the IVS orange event markers/flags only show up on D1, even if there was an IVS trip on D2, D3, D4 etc.

So in order to find the event I always have to view the timeline for camera D1 and then keep an eye on the other camera views to see which one tripped the event. And how do you view 5+ cameras in the Playback timeline anyways? When you get to the 5th you lose the ability to Sync the cameras. I know with 5 cameras and a DB11 I'm well short of some of your guys setups.

This is the same using the Onboard Dahua software, or Internet Explorer and the Web interface.
I initially had 3 camera's connected, then added two more a month later. All 5 are doing this.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For the timeline markers, the only thing I can think of offhand is to check the "record channel" setup on the nvr's setup/event/ivs page, for each of the camera channels.

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok bringing this back up since I still haven't figured it out. All IVS tripwires are set, and they activate/flash when tripped as I view the Live image.

Channel 1 is the only channel that will flag an IVS event. It now also only flags its own IVS events, not all events for all channels like it used to.

• recently updated NVR firmware to Version 4.00
  • attempted a factory reset of one of the Cameras, reset all IVS parameters
  • checked that all IVS settings are the same as channel 1
  • Period is set to "ALL"
  • SmartPlan is on for all Channels

Below is Channel 3 settings
Security Screen Capture.jpg

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Is IVS recording set properly on the NVR for all channels?
Wow that did it! Thank you for your reply. I was always using the Camera settings to set the record schedule, as I had read somewhere that IVS needs to be setup on the camera itself. Thrilled to finally be able to watch footage easier.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t set recording on the camera other than to tick the box. That would be useful if you were recording to an SD card on the camera itself however ;)