Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E setup issue

chipper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I am a long time lurker first time poster on this forum but can and will say i love it, i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me with an issue i am facing at the moment.

I have just replaced my old 7616NI-E2 Hikvision NVR (Non POE) with a Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E and come across an issue.

The cams on my system are all connected to an HP POE switch with 3 Dahua cameras and 2 Hikvision cams, the Dahua NVR detected the 3 Dahua cams and one of the Hikvision cams and defaulted that to ONVIF. the one that will not detect is a Hikvision DS2355FWD-I
Even if i add the camera manually it will not activate, i have reset the camera and can log into it directly but the NVR will not activate it, viewing the NVR via HDMI the channel that the 2355 is on comes up on the screen with a message 192.168.1.110 "the login return time is up

The second issue I have my cams set up on my network that will be using fixed IP addresses ranging from 192.168.1.110 to 192.168.1.118 all plugged into the HP POE switch, if i elect to use the POE's on the NVR , i know it will hand its own IP addresses,
is there away to get the NVR to disable the HDCP on the NVR and use the IP served by the router and static IPs i have already assigned to the cameras?

I had a spare camer and plugged that into one of the POE's on the NVR and it does not show up anywhere so i assume its because the NVR has its own IP range?

Is the NVR5208-8P-4KS2E suppose to have IP port activity lights on the POE ports? mine does not i expected it would

Last edited: