Dahua NVR5208 saving Playback files problem. Download option missing.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have finally upgraded my NVR to a Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E. Current firmware v4.000.0000001.5,Build Date:2019-12-18.

I’m upgrading from an LaView NVR which appears to be a rebranded Hikvision, and they don’t seem to fix any of the bugs I have found, there hasn’t been a firmware update in over 4 years. It’s too bad because it does have potential. Also has buggy exported files, which I will post a message about so anyone using an LAView can fix their saved video files…..

I have upgraded almost all my cameras to Dahua brand. I had a time where the Laview just stopped recording on a couple of the cameras for no reason. It took several reboots of the NVR to finally start recording again. That was the final motivation to upgrade.

Now to get to what I’m trying to do. I’m trying to download specific motion or IVS detections. I watched a video and it showed an option download and an option more, but the options to download or more are not there on my web interface. The MORE option gives the ability to export as ASF or DAV. Here is the video:
I know its an older device by I would not think such useful options would be removed.

DownloadButton1.JPG

Download_MoreOptions.JPG

Here is what I get. I only see an option to make a clip between specified times. Then it saves all the motion or ivs clips into 1 file. I want to be able to just select individual Motion or IVS clippings and have them all exported to individual files, which in the video I watched showed how to do that.
HowToSaveSpecificIVSorMotion.JPG

I also noticed Playback is super slow when using Firefox. The videos are in like slow motion. IE11 playback plays fine. Also Microsoft Edge doesn’t seem to work at all for playback. Doesn’t show all the camera channels, just shows 1 called Cam Name which is not what mine is called. So I Can’t playback anything in Edge. Live View works in Edge.

Playback in Firefox looks like this:
PlaybackFiles_Firefox_MissingClipOption.JPG

Microsoft Edge:
MicrosoftEdge_CantViewPlayback.JPG

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks!

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I contacted Andy from Empire Tech about the issue here. Turns out there are still some bugs with using IE and obviously other browsers. The good thing is I found out you can d/l the videos by going to the Backup Options page. It's just you have to remember what you need to download, as there is no preview option there. Hopefully they will be working on a fix. As it would be much more convenient to download the videos from the playback menu.

2ndLeaf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same problem. By "Backup option", do you mean FTP/SFTP? I couldn't find backup option. Thanks.

2ndLeaf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, UmDaMan. But mine looks different from yours. My NVR is DHI-NVR4208-4KS2. Web Version: V3.2.7.121468. System Version: 4.000.0000001.5, Build Date: 2019-12-06

NVR1.png
NVr3.png

Last edited:

2ndLeaf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Upgrade to System Version: 4.001.0000000.1, Build Date: 2020-03-19. UI remains the same. Backup is still missing.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks also for info! With IE I can see backup too. Strange that still 2020 we need to use IE to get all features work.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks also for info! With IE I can see backup too. Strange that still 2020 we need to use IE to get all features work.
I agree! I do hope they can fix their firmware so it can work with modern browsers. IE is slowly dying out.

iKritIPC

n3wb
Reaction score
New 4.0 GUI no have download IVS at Playback.
This big issue for me

My 16 cameras have 100+ IVS per one day,
On realtime playback with IVS mode it easy and fast to download some clip of IVS.
The Backup menu have full option easy for full IVS backup but for me have more camera and more IVS on one day, it slowly for download some clip.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE RETERN DOWNLOAD BUTTON ON PLAYBACK

Last edited:

Archive40

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

As we can see, still July 202 the backup button is missing.
Any information or new firmware to fix it ?

Best,

slangnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread - more is making sense now.

I have a DHI-NVR4208-4KS2/L and so many things just don't seem to work as expected over the web UI. I've now resorted to using the UI on the box itself with a screen attached via. HDMI and local mouse. I use Chromium on Linux, and the UI is barely functional really, and the backup option is missing.

Changing user agent to IE (fooling the NVR) makes the backup button appear, but most video functions don't work, as they require a windows only web plugin! Even searching for a local directory to save the backup in seems to require a Windows only IE plugin.

OMG - 2021, new hardware, latest firmware;
Web: V3.2.7.137978
ONVIF Server: 20.06(V2.9.1.996515)
ONVIF Client: V2.4.1
System: V4.001.0000001.0, Build Date: 09-07-2021
Security: V2.1

and even basic functions like backup only work on Windows based Internet Explorer. This needs fixing, it's 2021...

Last edited:

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes another issue for Mac M1 users. SmartPSS doesn't run on the Mac M1, so I attempt to the browser. This works more or less, but you can't download. So I still have to use my Windows PC just to download the clips.