DaHua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 firmware upgrade questions.

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just finish the updating on my NVR5216-4ks2 V1 made in 2017 and NVR5216-16P-4KS2 made in 2017 both can work well, version No. as below.
View attachment 59601
Thanks Andy - just to clarify what new firmware did you use? There's a few links floating around now.

I tried the March 2020 firmware and at first it appeared fine, but then the system dropped offline and changed IP to 192.168.1.108 randomly overnight. This happened 3 times before I had to go back to the 2019 firmware. I saw another user had the same issue.

My NVR is a 5216-4KS2 (2018 v1).

Thanks for your help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, maybe, i will ask more guys to test it and let you know, i will check if have any other firmware for this V1.
Hi sorry if i missed this question, but how do you tell the difference between the V1 and V2?

djgarn

n3wb
Reaction score
Had 3 NVR's this year from Andy for family and friends with v4 on them and I did like it.
Just checked mine bought 2017 with no version on it, so one would assume it's v1.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

oajlopez

n3wb
Reaction score
I applied this upgrade to my 5216-4ks2 and its now in reboot loop just logo has appaers and nothing more rebooting it self now i want to downgrade my old firmware 3.216.00004 but how can i do pls help me!
I have the same problem. Can I reset or install the old firmware? Do you solution it?

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not easy, they changed the hardware of the chips, normally we put the V2 on the NVR label, you can check it, if you buy somewhere, just ask your supplier.
Andy - what is the latest version of the NVR5216-16P-4KS2, and what price can you give me? I've been wanting to build in redundancy anyway?

Wayne

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some good news and some bad news.

I finally succeeded in upgrading the firmware on my NVR, but not without some good scares. I have the firmware .bin file stored on my NAS. I copied this onto a USB thumb drive thinking I would have to use it in the NVR. Turns out I just point to the file on my computer. So I started the upgrade by pointing to the file on the USB drive on my Linux machine. It uploaded, and as soon as the "updating" message appeared, there was a dialog box that said Upgrade failed, and asked to restart or not. The browser was hosed at this point and I could not respond. Hmph!! Must be lack of linux support. Tried it on a Windows 10 Pro machine with the same result. Figuring "What have I got to lose?". I tried again and pointed to the .bin file on the NAS. IT WORKED!

My initial reaction to the new firmware is mostly good. From Firefox, I can view my cameras without plugins, or anything. Just as long as I don't want to see more than 4. I have not found a way to set up different viewing panes like for 8 or 16 cameras at once. Same goes for playback. No more than 4 cameras, and you cannot sync them. I have not played with it too much yet, so there might be a way that I just have not found yet.

Now the bad news. At least for me. I also have an older NVR that is the same model. That one, I am unable to upgrade, but it has a problem anyway. I am thinking the onboard eeprom, or whatever is used to store settings, has failed. When I go through the initial configuration, apply everything, backup the config, and reboot, I have to go through it all again because nothing was saved. Crap! One last question for this one. What filesystem is used, and how do you format it? EDIT: btw, the firmware on this one is 3.210.somethingsomething.

Gus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same dilemma...

There has been functionality that I've not needed until now (email notifications etc) so haven't been too bothered, but now that I need that, plus I can't view any of my cameras in any browser, means I really need to upgrade my firmware. However there doesn't seem to be a straight answer as to which firmware is guaranteed to work without bricking my 2017 V1 NVR5216-K4S2. What I can't really afford is for the machine to get bricked.

I have to say, it is really disappointing that Dahua can't release stable firmware that works, so that we don't all have to play Russian roulette and gamble on whether we'll have a working machine after an upgrade. This is supposed to be professional grade gear... if I installed this stuff for a living I would be tearing my hair out. How many call backs must people get when upgrades go awry and stuff doesn't function the way it should? Madness!

Gus

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not easy, they changed the hardware of the chips, normally we put the V2 on the NVR label, you can check it, if you buy somewhere, just ask your supplier.
Hi Andy, yeah is a touch one telling the difference, i would assume all the NVR5216-4ks2e would be V2 correct?

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy, Did you ever find the correct Firmware for NVR5216-16P-4KS2 version 1 (mine dated July 2016)

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had 3 NVR's this year from Andy for family and friends with v4 on them and I did like it.
Just checked mine bought 2017 with no version on it, so one would assume it's v1.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
So there is a V4 out there? I just got my NVR-5216-4ks2 from Andy and it has a V2 on the NVR tag on bottom of unit. Man mine is 2 versions old?

M