Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-No Front Panel?

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I have seen a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-NFP with no front panel advertised, does anyone know what this model is?

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but the question doesn't really make sense to me. "The model" is the number that you have stated in your post.

Perhaps a rewording is required?

Cheers, Steve

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Never seen the NFP designation but I’m pretty sure it’s simply a reference to the fact that older NVRs and especially DVRs used to have a bunch of control buttons on the front face of the unit. I think some still do. But everything is controlled via the machine or web interface nowadays so a non issue.

Check with Andy @EMPIRETECANDY to be sure

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but the question doesn't really make sense to me. "The model" is the number that you have stated in your post.

Perhaps a rewording is required?

Cheers, Steve
There is model NVR5216-16P-4KS2E-NFP , the NFP stands for No Front Panel, but cannot find any info about it

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Never seen the NFP designation but I’m pretty sure it’s simply a reference to the fact that older NVRs and especially DVRs used to have a bunch of control buttons on the front face of the unit. I think some still do. But everything is controlled via the machine or web interface nowadays so a non issue.

Check with Andy @EMPIRETECANDY to be sure
Cheers mate will do

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah I have just found out the NFP model is a Dahua OEM version that is unbadged and apparently cannot be firmware updated, so what is on it now is what stays on it. Strange