Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E rebooted last night

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any one give me an idea why the NVR rebooted for no reason in the middle of night. I have it set to never reboot under auto maintenance. This is the first time I have seen this. It is on a UPS and nothing in the house reset as all clocks where fine this morning.
Looking at logs it detected motion and the next event was a shutdown bootup.

Reaction score
Just an FYI - Older models of the NVR52XX series models had this issue a few years ago. It was only resolved with a firmware update. Mine would reboot at least 5 or more times a day until new firmware came out to resolve it. Andy, worked with Dahua engineers with getting new firmware. Check your firmware version, and compare it to what is the latest. Beware, that unless this becomes a daily, like many times issue, you can cause other problems with a firmware update. It's always a crap shoot when doing an update. Always factory reset to defaults after an update.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure nothing else on your network is trying to snag the NVR IP also. I’ve had that happen with unpredictable results with a TV until I chased it down

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks guys and yes I blow out my pc's and the nvr every few months. The cabinet has an auto fan that keeps the temp inside at 85 or below.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I never saw one of those that did not do that, built in memory leaks, that is why they have a auto reboot to douche it out once a week, actually I would not sweat it unless it starts happening more frequent. Have you added anything or messed with any settings lately.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hoping this don't become a regular thing.
Haven't added or messed with settings in a while.
I had actually rebooted yesterday because the cameras stopped going to main steam on double clicks.
That took care of the problem.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
its odd, I have 2 that havent given me a lick of truble that are 3+ years old and 2 others in NEMA cabinets also 3+ years old sitting out in Floriduh heat and hurricanes...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
its odd, I have 2 that havent given me a lick of truble that are 3+ years old and 2 others in NEMA cabinets also 3+ years old sitting out in Floriduh heat and hurricanes...
A few of them were "rebranded Dahua" with different firmwares, I never even realized it until I started looking at logs, these NVR's were on motion so I would never see it by looking at video, If Memory serves me, I upgraded the FW and the "USA" vendor told me to let them reboot once a week, I have some newer ones that give me a reboot perhaps once a month and a few that are totally fine. The newer pro systems I have been using are very solid with zero issues.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok yesterday the nvr shut off on its on while I was at work.
I got home it would not turn on with power switch. I was about to take the cover off.
At this point I have a single poe amp hooked from nvr to a camera because I was out of wattage capacity for nvr.
This has been working perfect with zero issues.
The poe amp had come unplugged some how. I plugged back in and system powered up. Could have been loose and caused reboot before, who knows.
I take it nvr has protection built in if wattage is exceeded.