Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E Stopped sending IVS emails

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently purchased the dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and had IVS emails working perfectly. Last night I had other POE related issues so Andy had me do a factory reset on it. After the factory reset, IVS alert emails stopped functioning. of course I had gone in and reconfigured all my rules and setup the email account under network. When I setup the email account and hit the "test" button, the test is successful and I receive the test email. However I do not get any IVS or motion emails at all. I thought maybe Gmail had blocked me so I tried my Brighthouse account. Same thing, test is successful but IVS emails not being sent. I have no idea what to do at this point. I did a factory reset again and again to no avail. I reset my router, reset the actual cameras, date and time, EVERYTHING I can think of. Yes I checked the schedule (left everything at default). I did everything exactly as I had done in the beginning when I had everything working fine. As I mentioned previously, this all happened right after the factory reset for the POE issue.

By the way, yes I do have the "send email" box ticked under each IVS rule.

Can someone please help me out with some suggestions? I'm all out of ideas.

Thank you!!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you looked at the schedule pages? When something like this happens to me I just look at every settings page I can find for something that might affect it. I've had the opposite problem, in that I couldn't get the 5216 to stop sending emails for one camera. I unchecked "send email", which should have done it, and didn't. I nuked the email schedule for that channel, didn't help. Deleted and re-added the camera, still sent the emails. I finally "fixed" the problem by deleting the camera and re-adding it as a different channel number.