Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KSE MD Problem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve done all that. It doesn’t work if you are recording all the time and use MD. It only works if you record motion only. I wish it did because I like to look at motion from the day rather than manually searching through the general timeline for every event. Right now the time in the event for motion is a second after or right on the money for every event no matter the pre-record setting.

You dont have to search manually, Events show up in the playback timeline if you have it set right. Yellow for MD and Orange for IVS/ Its rather easy to isolate events in playback.

5216-16p-Record1.jpg

5216-16p-Record2.jpg
5216-16p-playback1.jpg

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This was taken from the Dahua Wiki:
Redundancy: System supports redundancy backup function. It allows you backup recorded file in two disks. You can highlight Redundancy button to activate this function. Please note, before enable this function, please set at least one HDD as redundant. (Main menu->Setting->Storage->HDD Manager). Please note this function is null if there is only one HDD.
Thanks very much.

jaybowee

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont have to search manually, Events show up in the playback timeline if you have it set right. Yellow for MD and Orange for IVS/ Its rather easy to isolate events in playback.

View attachment 51527

View attachment 51528
View attachment 51529
If Pre-record is set to to 5 seconds or 100 seconds doesn't matter. The recording should began at 16:47:08 but it will begin at exactly when the motion occurred or a second or two later. No change to the pre-record has any effect on it. Only cams that are set to motion only will behave correctly. If a cam is set to motion and general, any change to the pre-record function has no effect. The NVR should write the file back 5 seconds but this is not happening.

Attachments

Last edited: