Dahua NVR5216-16P-I

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this NVR configurable with a MAC or Chromebook or does it have to be a Windows based PC?
Just attach a monitor and a mouse to the NVR to configure initially, then you can connect to it via a web browser. Use Chrome with IE extension installed or Pale Moon 32bit browser.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How does it send email notifications if there is no internet access? Does it host own email server and can send emails only to clients on the local network? Do I need to host a local email server like EmailEnable and then the NVR can connect to it as a client and send emails to other local clients?

Is there a way to connect a 2G/3G/4G module in order to send alerts to a mobile phone?

Under “Trigger Events” in I see “Buzzer, Voice Prompts, Email, Snapshot, Recording, Alarm Out, PTZ Activation, etc.”. Does “Alarm Out” mean I can connect VNR to my existing alarm central that does include a module for sending SMS’s? I kind of feel this can’t work out of the box and would require that both systems have a matching protocol.

Can the software of these NVR’s be extended in any way? I understand everything is closed source but is there any API at all I can use to connect other devices to send and receive signals from NVR? Looking into "Interoperability ONVIF 2.4, SDK, CGI" now:)
It can't send emails if there is no internet access.

eldy

n3wb
Reaction score
Just attach a monitor and a mouse to the NVR to configure initially, then you can connect to it via a web browser. Use Chrome with IE extension installed or Pale Moon 32bit browser.
What port do I connect to? I can't access the NVR, only the cameras, through a web browser.