Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 - Change Working HDD

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got on my computer this evening to pull a video clip, but Murphy screwed me again and it seems that the 10 seconds of video I wanted just so happened to be in the one block that my NVR didn't record today.

upload_2017-11-28_19-48-24.png

So I went to the logs and saw that at the exact time the video cut out, there was an event log that said the HDD was "changing working hdd" which is odd, because I only have one hard drive in the NVR. The NVR didn't record anything from any of my 6 cameras during this 15 minute period.

upload_2017-11-28_19-47-32.png

Any ideas what's going on?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking back through my logs/videos, there were 5 other instances in the 11 days of saved video of blacked out videos on all channels (about 12-15 minutes each time) and none of them had anything in the logs to give me an idea of whats going on.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have partitions on that hard drive?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of.... I just plugged it in when I got it and that was that. If there are any, the NVR made them.

Reaction score
Assuming you formated the HD when first installed, I would verify it isn't a problem with errors on the drive itself. Make sure there are no S.M.A.R.T errors pm the HD. There is no logical reason for it to change drives, as you only have 1 in the NVR. As purely a suggestion, it's usually best to have 2 drives in an NVR, just in case 1 of them does catastrophically fail.

Do you have any drives connected via USB for backups?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll look thru the NVR settings Tonight to see about checking and testing the HDD. I don't remember if there is an option to format it from the NVR, but if there is I'll do that tonight as well. I don't mind losing my 11 days of video right now.

And no, nothing besides a monitor, network cable and mouse connected to the NVR.