Dahua NVR5216 hard reset?

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone please advise how I can do a factory reset for this NVR? A physical reset button is not present on the mainboard. I'm asking to do this as I've already tried powering on/off to soft reset the NVR but keep getting "connection failed" error on mobile app and Smart PSS. I've also already removed the WD Purple 6TB SATA drive and ran the WD diagnostic showing the drive's perfectly fine. Picture attached is the mainboard. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Was it working before?
Are you locked out because you dont know the password?
Have you tried connecting to it at the machine itself with a monitor and mouse?
Have you tried connecting to it via a browser on your network?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
isn't there an email associated with the unti for password recovery?
I know on my Amcrest Nvr's ( dahua 4208 OEM) if you screw up and save a password incorrectly they can email you a reset procedure.
I think this may be in place to complicate stealing NVRs as lucrative business perhaps
If every Jackass that stole an NVR could just push a button, to make it theirs, they'd be on Craigslist left and right I'd think.

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have the skills, unsolder the battery (BT1). You could also try shorting out the battery, but that might damage it.

ferit73

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone please advise how I can do a factory reset for this NVR? A physical reset button is not present on the mainboard. I'm asking to do this as I've already tried powering on/off to soft reset the NVR but keep getting "connection failed" error on mobile app and Smart PSS. I've also already removed the WD Purple 6TB SATA drive and ran the WD diagnostic showing the drive's perfectly fine. Picture attached is the mainboard. Any help is much appreciated.
Is there any progress? Were you able to save NVR? I have same problem.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sadly that looks different than the NVR5216-I model.. :(
This '-I' model has a reset switch on it.
1696377873499.png

My suggestion would also be like what was said a few months ago... try disconnecting the battery (somehow) and connecting it back again.
Trying to break the spot weld may work but then it's not easy to reconnect again.

It looks to be two batteries with yellow shrink wrap.... maybe using a craft knife to cut a gap between the two batteries and sliding a piece of plastic in to seperate (disconnect) them may work.
If you leave enough of the wrap intact then it would stay together.
1696378114619.png

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That looks identical to the battery in an IC Realtime NVR708ns-p. Its a Dahua rebranded product that typically leaves full admin control to the installer and locks out a multitude of features. I have an identical unit at my office that IMO is junk (although functional). We replaced the unit with a 5216 from Andy. The battery is a single cell and is soldered top and bottom.

Last edited: