Dahua NVR5232-4KS2 - anything I should know?

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright, I do now have possession of the NVR. As of this moment I'm struggling to be impressed to be honest but I'm giving it a chance. I have my Dahua camera connected to it via ONVIF, it keeps insisting on making it max resolution and max frame rate which results in a still frame when I try to display it. If I window it with 9 other blank cameras it displays fine. Setup so far has been less than obvious but I'm a complete newb at this. BlueIris is connected to the same camera and happily displaying\recording the 1080P picture I'm requesting. It's possible that the NVR and BlueIris are somehow fighting perhaps. I'm willing to dig through menus to find what you're looking for but I may need some guidance on finding the feature - an instruction manual of any sort would've been nice although possibly it's on the included CD I've been hesitant to insert into my computer. It's marked "software". Guts of this thing are pretty interesting, there's a nearly Raspberry sized card in it with a small heatsink and a bunch of I/O connections and not much more! HDD are bolted directly to the steal bottom of the device - I'd strongly suggest using bumpers. WEB interface to the device insists upon a plug-in before allowing login and it looks a great deal like the one the camera wants. So far no dice native on iOS, iDMSS shows me a camera at least but I see no native app from Dahua other than a sales app and it seems I will be forced to always configure this from a monitor or a browser with a forced plug-in. Cost on this vs a PC is somewhat attractive but it's going to take work to get me happy I think - I've not given up yet lol!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, I do now have possession of the NVR. As of this moment I'm struggling to be impressed to be honest but I'm giving it a chance. I have my Dahua camera connected to it via ONVIF, it keeps insisting on making it max resolution and max frame rate which results in a still frame when I try to display it. If I window it with 9 other blank cameras it displays fine. Setup so far has been less than obvious but I'm a complete newb at this. BlueIris is connected to the same camera and happily displaying\recording the 1080P picture I'm requesting. It's possible that the NVR and BlueIris are somehow fighting perhaps. I'm willing to dig through menus to find what you're looking for but I may need some guidance on finding the feature - an instruction manual of any sort would've been nice although possibly it's on the included CD I've been hesitant to insert into my computer. It's marked "software". Guts of this thing are pretty interesting, there's a nearly Raspberry sized card in it with a small heatsink and a bunch of I/O connections and not much more! HDD are bolted directly to the steal bottom of the device - I'd strongly suggest using bumpers. WEB interface to the device insists upon a plug-in before allowing login and it looks a great deal like the one the camera wants. So far no dice native on iOS, iDMSS shows me a camera at least but I see no native app from Dahua other than a sales app and it seems I will be forced to always configure this from a monitor or a browser with a forced plug-in. Cost on this vs a PC is somewhat attractive but it's going to take work to get me happy I think - I've not given up yet lol!
Do you see a IVS listed in the configuration menu?

Bill