Dahua NVR5416-16P-4KS2E Firmware V4.002.0000000.3.R

Domparisi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
A few days ago I upgraded to the latest firmware on my Dahua NVR5416.
Since then I no longer receive IVS notifications on the DMSS App. I have unsubscribed, deleted the NVR from the app and set it up again. Everything except for the IVS notification is working.

The new firmware upgrades the Security Baseline to V2 and I'm wondering if this could be the problem? I though I'd post to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue before I downgrade the firmware as a last resort.

IPCamer

n3wb
Reaction score
@Domparisi
I have encountered the same issue on the NVR4216-I when installing the latest firmware DH_NVR4XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.1.R.220211. No IVS notification on DMSS App anymore!
Went one version back to DH_NVR4XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.0.R.210811 , also no IVS notifications send to DMSS App.
So went back to the latest known working version DH_NVR4XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.3.R.210710 and in the release notes it is mentioned : "This new baseline version is based on the version of Security Baseline 2.1".
Your issue is probably not related to "Security Baseline to V2" , but something else got broken in version from V4.002. and upwards. Try to go back to a version V4.001.xxxxxx .

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi
A few days ago I upgraded to the latest firmware on my Dahua NVR5416.
Since then I no longer receive IVS notifications on the DMSS App. I have unsubscribed, deleted the NVR from the app and set it up again. Everything except for the IVS notification is working.

The new firmware upgrades the Security Baseline to V2 and I'm wondering if this could be the problem? I though I'd post to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue before I downgrade the firmware as a last resort.
I had this problem as well. Had to roll back to 7.1 version.

Domparisi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I downgraded to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 and it's working again. Hopefully this will get fixed in a later revision.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I downgraded to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 and it's working again. Hopefully this will get fixed in a later revision.
Could you please send me a detailed description how to downgrade the firmware Because I need to do it also. I have prepared already a rs-232-port, a TFTP-server and terminal emulator (PuTTY).

Domparisi

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I used the NVR interface to upload the firmware. I placed the image file on a USB stick and then just browsed to it and it worked.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this problem as well. Had to roll back to 7.1 version.
how did you roll-back?
I got also a problem and need to t
Sorry for the late reply. I used the NVR interface to upload the firmware. I placed the image file on a USB stick and then just browsed to it and it worked.
Please forgive me that I ask some more questions...
USB-stick formatted by fat32?
With "NVR interface" you meant the HDMI or the LAN (RJ45) port?
The NVR might have more than one USB port - which one you used?
What do you mean with "image file" ? The .bin file? What is the exact full name of the file you are referring to? What is the exact size (in Bytes) of that file? I am asking the last question because there are at least two files with same name, but with slightly different sizes (difference a few dozens Bytes) .
Thanks in advance for your help

Domparisi

n3wb
Reaction score
how did you roll-back?

Please forgive me that I ask some more questions...
USB-stick formatted by fat32?
With "NVR interface" you meant the HDMI or the LAN (RJ45) port?
The NVR might have more than one USB port - which one you used?
What do you mean with "image file" ? The .bin file? What is the exact full name of the file you are referring to? What is the exact size (in Bytes) of that file? I am asking the last question because there are at least two files with same name, but with slightly different sizes (difference a few dozens Bytes) .
Thanks in advance for your help
Use a USB-Stick formatted FAT32, plug it into the USB port on the NVR. The image file is the .bin file.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
how did you roll-back?

Excuse me, but which interface you mean - HDMI or LAN
I used the USB port on the front when I did mine. I have used the USB on the rear also.
Did you rollback from 4.002.xxx to 4.001.yyy ? Did you use the HDMI-interface (with a monitor) or the LAN-port and Weblogin thru the ip-address of the nvr and a windows-pc?

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used a HDMI monitor on the NVR, and plugged the upgrade file into the USB port of the NVR. I did it all from the NVR menu.