Dahua NVR5832-16P-4KS2 and 8 TB drives

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,
The Dahua NVR5816/5832/5864-16P-4KS2 systems work smoothly with the 8TB Purple WD80PUZX drives. Sees the drives, formats properly, and records without issues.

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
@Daybreak, did you buy the US version NVR or did you buy from Aliexpress? do you use external PoE switch or PoE is build in the NVR? I am also leaning towards Dahua NVR.

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
@Daybreak, did you buy the US version NVR or did you buy from Aliexpress? do you use external PoE switch or PoE is build in the NVR? I am also leaning towards Dahua NVR.
Howdy,
Aliexpress English NTSC, US plug version. Empire Technology Co., Ltd

This unit has 16 port POE, and I am using a 16 + 2 POE switch
Various Dahua camera's, a bunch of bullets, bullet zooms, domes, and dome zooms

Note: I ordered the NVR late sunday evening my time (US est) and the unit was on my doorstep Thursday. :)

Last edited:

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,
Aliexpress English NTSC, US plug version. Empire Technology Co., Ltd

This unit has 16 port POE, and I am using a 16 + 2 POE switch
Various Dahua camera's, a bunch of bullets, bullet zooms, domes, and dome zooms

Note: I ordered the NVR late sunday evening my time (US est) and the unit was on my doorstep Thursday. :)
1) do you connect the 2 POE switch to the 2 ports POE on the NVR (kind of like expand more ports?) If your NVR can only support 16 Channel, by expanding more POE ports (i.e. connect more than 16 cameras) can the NVR see more than 16 cameras?

2) Have you tried loading firmware released from Dahua USA? I wonder if they are compatible. Also if Dahua USA firmware does not support the NVR, are you concern with security vulnerability at all?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
1) do you connect the 2 POE switch to the 2 ports POE on the NVR (kind of like expand more ports?) If your NVR can only support 16 Channel, by expanding more POE ports (i.e. connect more than 16 cameras) can the NVR see more than 16 cameras?

2) Have you tried loading firmware released from Dahua USA? I wonder if they are compatible. Also if Dahua USA firmware does not support the NVR, are you concern with security vulnerability at all?

Thanks for sharing your experience
Howdy,
Dahua NVR5832-16P-4KS2 This unit is 32 camera
The unit has 16 POE ports, you have to use a switch to add the other 16 cameras

The POE switch is 16 POE 10/100 ports and 2 gigabyte ports total 18 ports on the switch. Why on earth would I want to try some firmware. The unit is in English and works great. Just because some firmware is out for a NVR or camera does not mean you should update the firmware. Why would I worry about security? This system is NOT on the internet.

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,
Dahua NVR5832-16P-4KS2 This unit is 32 camera
The unit has 16 POE ports, you have to use a switch to add the other 16 cameras

The POE switch is 16 POE 10/100 ports and 2 gigabyte ports total 18 ports on the switch. Why on earth would I want to try some firmware. The unit is in English and works great. Just because some firmware is out for a NVR or camera does not mean you should update the firmware. Why would I worry about security? This system is NOT on the internet.
thanks for the info. Make sense

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Daybreak.

I asked Dahua the following questions, but got no reply. I'm concerned with keeping recordings if a safe/hidden location. Do you know the answers?

1) When recording to an eSATA HDD, that would be located in a hidden place, do I need to have an internal HDD, or can the NVR work only connected to the eSATA HDD (no internal HDD)?

2) Can I record only to the eSATA HDD and not use the internal HDD (this would be usefull to keep the recordings hidden with a NVR that has eSATA port but doesn't support RAID1?

3) If using a NVR that supports RAID1, can the mirror footage be in the eSATA HDD, or does it have to be in another internal HDD?

Thanks.

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Daybreak.

I asked Dahua the following questions, but got no reply. I'm concerned with keeping recordings if a safe/hidden location. Do you know the answers?

1) When recording to an eSATA HDD, that would be located in a hidden place, do I need to have an internal HDD, or can the NVR work only connected to the eSATA HDD (no internal HDD)?

2) Can I record only to the eSATA HDD and not use the internal HDD (this would be usefull to keep the recordings hidden with a NVR that has eSATA port but doesn't support RAID1?

3) If using a NVR that supports RAID1, can the mirror footage be in the eSATA HDD, or does it have to be in another internal HDD?

Thanks.
Howdy,
I do not know. That would be something for someone to try out and see what works.

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are the answers I got from Dahua:

1) Can I use only an external HDD connected to the eSata port and no internal HDD’s?

You have the ability to use the ESata drive as a back up or storage recording by selecting this option on the recorder. Complete steps on how to use the ESata drive are located here: NVR/eSata Setup and Use - Dahua Wiki

2) Using RAID1, can the footage be kept inside the internal HDD and the mirror copy in an external HDD connected to the eSATA port or the mirror copy has to be in an internal HDD?

No, you cannot mirror a drive to copy externally and internally at the same time. You do however have an option to set up recording groups and this information is located in the link above. By creating a group you can select which drive will record the Main Stream, Sub Stream and Snapshots. For Example: You could do is create a group for the main stream and store that information on one drive. You would then create a second group and store the sub stream recording on the second drive.