DAHUA NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.20181106

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for the reply bill, but hoping to hear from an android user. wondering if its perhaps a bug in the app when subscribing, etc. really have no idea where the issue lies, but trying to narrow it down. just confusing since i started completely from scratch and it still wont work.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am using IVS and iDMSS Plus with the latest firmware. I am having no problem other than I had to reboot my NVR once because iDMSS couldn't pull the image or the video from it even when I am getting notifications from it.

I think the latest iDMSS is a huge improvement over the older version too. I like how it look and feel so far. I even stopped using email notification after the iDMSS recent update.
thanks for the reply bill, but hoping to hear from an android user. wondering if its perhaps a bug in the app when subscribing, etc. really have no idea where the issue lies, but trying to narrow it down. just confusing since i started completely from scratch and it still wont work.

I take this back, I am having issue with the newest firmware. I suspect it having a memory leak problem. Notification on IOS work great and every time but after so many notification, I could no longer view the recording or live stream it even the notification continue to work and come in fine. I had to reboot the NVR to get it working again so I set up a nightly reboot for now until hopefully Dahua catch on and fix this issue.

BIll

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TechBill Well, hope we arent SOL, Andy said this was the last firmware..

@EMPIRETECANDY Can you let Dahua know that push notifications aren't working properly on 20181211?

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@TechBill Well, hope we are SOL, Andy said this was the last firmware..

@EMPIRETECANDY Can you let Dahua know that push notifications aren't working properly on 20181211?

The push notification are working properly for me, I have no issue with it.

I am getting an alert notification on my iPhone every time when alarm (IVS) is tripped but the issue appears after two or three days, the image or video are not retrieved from NVR anymore and it would be blank where the image or video should be at. The notification will continue to alert me but image/video will still be blank each time until I reboot the NVR.

I didn't take a screenshot of a blank image / video alert screen so I mock one up in Photoshop as an example below:
iDMSS.jpg

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could be app issues as well. Could be both the Android and iPhone app failing in different ways. Mine won't even get an IVS push, yours maybe failing in this manner. Hard to say for sure since none of us can debug the entire process.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be app issues as well. Could be both the Android and iPhone app failing in different ways. Mine won't even get an IVS push, yours maybe failing in this manner. Hard to say for sure since none of us can debug the entire process.
I doubt is the app, I have restarted app several time in the past and it didn't fix the issue until I reboot the NVR. I have set the NVR to auto reboot nightly and haven't had an issue since then.

With the latest firmware, sometime I notice garbled text on the web config menu too.

flying

n3wb
Reaction score
I stopped getting notification on 2 Android phones since upgraded to gDMSS Plus version 4.20 from Google Play Store, then yesterday to 4.30 still isn't working. Reset the cameras and rebooted the NVR both won't help. Uninstalled/reinstalled gDMSS, still the same, no notifications. Alarms are being triggered and recorded in the NVR as I can replay and see in the NVR system log, but notifications aren't getting pushed. Is this issue occurred only on Android phones?

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Dauha released iDMSS update. it completely broke the iDMSS

It won't stay open at all. When I tried to open it then it will quickly shut down.

You might want let Dahua know about this.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I stopped getting notification on 2 Android phones since upgraded to gDMSS Pro version 4.20 from Google Play Store, then yesterday to 4.30 still isn't working. Reset the cameras and rebooted the NVR both won't help. Uninstalled/reinstalled gDMSS, still the same, no notifications. Alarms are being triggered and recorded in the NVR as I can replay and see in the NVR system log, but notifications aren't getting pushed. Is this issue occurred only on Android phones?
It seems there are multiple issues with the apps and NVR firmware at the moment. Hopefully @EMPIRETECANDY can tell Dahua.

Last edited:

vnav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there. I had iDMSS plus on my iPhone and it’s been running flawlessly. Yesterday, the app consistently wouldn’t open correctly so I decided to reinstall the app. Now the App Store says that idmss plus is not available anymore. Has anyone else had this issue?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there. I had iDMSS plus on my iPhone and it’s been running flawlessly. Yesterday, the app consistently wouldn’t open correctly so I decided to reinstall the app. Now the App Store says that idmss plus is not available anymore. Has anyone else had this issue?
I get same thing but when I tried to search for it and it pop up this message "not available in your country"

I had to download imou (formerly Lechange) to be able to view my cameras again.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get same thing but when I tried to search for it and it pop up this message "not available in your country"

I had to download imou (formerly Lechange) to be able to view my cameras again.
Got same issue on my spare iPad which I’m going to wall mount as a cam and smart home monitor. Could not find it in the AppStore, so I went into my account and my purchases and searched there for iDMSS and have been able to install the iDMSS plus this way.
IMG_1074.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Got same issue on my spare iPad which I’m going to wall mount as a cam and smart home monitor. Could not find it in the AppStore, so I went into my account and my purchases and searched there for iDMSS and have been able to install the iDMSS plus this way.
View attachment 38593

Are you able to open app after installing?

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m still working flawlessly on 4.20.001 and have not had any prompts to update the app on my iPhone running iOS 11 or an iPad ruining iOS 12 and an older iPad still on iOS 10.

Make me wonder if the update was pulled from the App Store or perhaps was not intended for my region (US).

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to open app after installing?
Yep, I was able to start it. I checked the version of the app. On my iPhone X and the freshly installed iPad Air2 I’ve got the 4.30.000. Both work well and I like the new feature “Memory last channel”, which opens the last channel in live view, even if the app was closed by task manager. So you no longer have to hit the icon with the clock first.
On my iPad 6th Gen. I’ve got 4.20.001, which also works, but no updates for the app are presented in the App Store.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
New iDMSS update was released today in app store 4.30.001. It fixes the issue I was having.

Thank you Dahua for fixing it fast

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New android update as well, IVS push still not working (but non-IVS work). Emails come through fine, but nothing in app.

flying

n3wb
Reaction score
New android update as well, IVS push still not working (but non-IVS work). Emails come through fine, but nothing in app.
I got gDMSS notifications for a few hours last night but it stopped working again currently. Seems Dahua was doing something.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IVS Push Notifications worked for part of a day last week but have since stopped.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the newer DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000004.0.R.20181229 ???