Dahua overlay problem

DesiJatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking through my cameras using iDMSS today and noticed that the overlays no longer had the white font and were just a black outline of the text on all 13 cameras. The cameras are all 5231r-z and the nvr is a 5416-4ks2. I tired disabling and re-enabling the overlays through both smartPSS and the cameras via a web browser and that did not work. I also tried rebooting the cameras and NVR and that also didn't fix it. What's strange is that I can enable a text overlay and that shows up fine. No one else has access to change the nvr or camera setting so I know nothing was changed. The only thing I haven't tried is resetting the camera or nvr to default settings because I won't have access to them for a week or so in case something goes wrong. I'm hoping someone has any ideas on what else I should try.
Parking Lot 3_main_20180521191813_@2.jpg

DesiJatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, resetting the cameras to factory default fixed the problem. I still don't know how all 13 cameras developed this issue at the same time, but that's the solution.

Adamsdaddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is resetting the cameras something you were able to do through the iDMSS app or did you have to log into the web interface on all 13, one at a time?

DesiJatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Is resetting the cameras something you were able to do through the iDMSS app or did you have to log into the web interface on all 13, one at a time?
I did it 1 by 1 through the web interface. I don’t think idmss would work, but smartpss might. It actually wasn’t too time consuming since the network and zoom settings didn’t change. I simply had to go back in and set the exposure, encode, overlay, and time setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
This is still a thing in 2020, so here's the above fix listed in steps to make it easier for people.

NB: These steps have to be undertaken on each individual camera separately as mentioned in earlier comment.
1. Open camera through internet explorer browser
2. Log in to camera
3. Click setup > camera > video > overlay
4. Open the channel title drop down > click on the default box below picture > go back to the channel title and rename your cam (if you had it designated as something other than IPC 1 etc ) > click the save box
5. Finished, now repeat for all other Dahua's in your network !