Dahua P2P Connection with API (without Dahua's App)

trivedir

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua cameras installed in my home with P2P enabled. I am able to stream with the help of Smart PSS and DMSS by adding Serial Number, Username and Password through P2P.

Now, I would like to connect with NVR remotely with the help of API with just my SN Number. Note: I have not enabled port forwarding, and I know the local IP address but not he global one.

I have also tried the following with my local IP address:
rtsp:/USERNAME: PASSWORD@192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/realmonitor.cgi?action=getStream&channel=1&subtype=0

But, since I am not in the area of my LAN, it didn't worked for me.
So, I would like to know whether there is any API available to connect with Dahua P2P Server?

I will appreciate if you can help me with this.

Last edited:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using SmartPSS or DMSS, you can connect to Dahua NVR using P2P, and Liveview or Playback your NVR cameras.

trivedir

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I am able to live stream through SmartPSS and DMSS.

However, I would like to build my own algorithm on top of live stream of camera (I am Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer). So, I need to have stream without using SmartPSS / DMSS.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at the Dahua NET sdk, tho I'm not 100% sure it handles the P2P

waqyun

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua cameras installed in my home with P2P enabled. I am able to stream with the help of Smart PSS and DMSS by adding Serial Number, Username and Password through P2P.

Now, I would like to connect with NVR remotely with the help of API with just my SN Number. Note: I have not enabled port forwarding, and I know the local IP address but not he global one.

I have also tried the following with my local IP address:
rtsp:/USERNAME: PASSWORD@192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/realmonitor.cgi?action=getStream&channel=1&subtype=0

But, since I am not in the area of my LAN, it didn't worked for me.
So, I would like to know whether there is any API available to connect with Dahua P2P Server?

I will appreciate if you can help me with this.
Please let me know if you managed to connect Dahua Cam P2P using code ?? Android Dahua Net SDK apk demo has the code but no leads to get dependency files to use this