Dahua periodic FTP upload messed! Does Dahua FTP upload have quota?

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had one Dahua IPC-HFW5541T-ASE doing periodic (2min) snapshot upload via FTP and internet to a Zyxel NSA362 NAS device with 2x6TB WD Red configured RAID1.
I have monitored the progress just now and then looking that the folder structure is solid and I have also PHP script to pull out the latest .jpg from the folder tree.
This morning I noticed that there is strange gaps and missing folders for many days. For example, there are folders 2021-07-07, 2021-07-15, and 2021-07-30, and that's all for july.
Also in older folders than 1.10.2021 there is no jpgs at all. Just couple of subfolders and that's all. Starting from 1.10, jpgs are there as they should.
I am not sure when older files have been deleted, but it could have been happened during past two weeks. There is nothing in the logs.

Does Dahua have quota for FTP to clean older files to keep space on the hard disk? I haven't found a setting for that. And if it should have been there, I should have noticed the changes in folders ealier.
In this camera there has been odd behaviour with FTP all the time. If the connection to NAS has been disconnected for a while(internet outage), camera won't continue uploading via FTP anymore. I have to reboot the camera in web ui to start FTP upload again.
There was also long power outage at the camera site at 1.10 (many hours, so UPS battery went empty). Could that have messed FTP folders?

Last edited: