Dahua playback problem

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I repaired a fibre cable about a year ago at a friends factory with my fusion splicer and got his camera link back running for him. He as since installed over 20 Dahua IP cameras ( some 4k I think ). The installer has recently stated that there is a problem with the fibre link as during playback the pictures seem to jump ahead in what looks like FF mode. My friend has checked the live pictures and all appear to be 100% with no jumping etc. Live viewing is carried out locally at the NVR. My understanding is that if the live pictures are OK then the network is up to it. I could be wrong. Any thoughts or comments welcome.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm understanding you correctly, then yes, if the live view on the NVR is good, then the network appears to be handling it.
But it depends, where in the network link is the fibre?

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns for your response.
My understanding is that the fibre link is between the main office building which facilitates the NVR and a remote building where the CCTV cameras are located. The cameras don't share with the data network. All cameras are on one switch which is linked back to the NVR's network card. This is not one of my CCTV installations although I have been in the CCTV business since 1978. The good old days of camera tubes and video head bars etc. I don't want to get sucked into someone else's problem. I will gladly help anyone out but I get my hackles up if someone tries to pass the blame on to someone else. When I spliced the fibres I recorded a loss of .01db at each end. I know that the Dahua recorders have an option in the maintenance section to check bandwidth load etc. That would be my first thing to check if I were the installer.
All suggestions welcome.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A simple continuous ping from the NVR end to the cameras, would show if it was a network problem.
I seriously doubt it's the fiber causing the problems though.

I don't blame you, not your circus, not your monkeys. :)

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts on the problem.
Even an old dinosaur like me would try the ping test. I am amazed by the number of guys in the trade that cannot carry out some basic fault finding practises. A lot of them need to go back to school and learn ''ohms law'', which will sort out a lot of faults.
Talk later.