Dahua POE camera comes up in two places on monitor!

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A new one on me.
Dahua 16 channel POE NVR. When i plug in a new Dahua camera it comes up in two places on my monitor, usually knocking out a camera already online in the process.
Back story is one Dahua (SD1A203T-GN) camera failed so I bought a new one, exactly the same. My Dahua NVR (NVR 4416-16P) is a 16 port with built in POE. It is rebranded.Here is a link to it:
I could not find this problem on the web. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks,
Tubac

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Assume youre viewing directly from the NVR using an attached monitor and mouse?

You can right click on any window and tell it what camera you want displayed I believe. Yes you can display the same camera in multiple windows.

Last edited:

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Assume youre viewing directly from the NVR using an attached monitor and mouse?

You can right click on any window and tell it what camera you want displayed I believe. Yes you can display the same camera in multiple windows.
Yes,I'm viewing from the monitor on my NVR. My problem is when i try to add the new plug and play camera, it comes up twice on the monitor, it will then cause another camera to go off line randomly.
My system has a 16 port POE switch in my garage with 6 cameras attached and working, and at home, 6 cameras on my NVR's built in POE switch. There are ten open ports on the Home NVR . I've tried every port and I either have a port conflict (It asks me for I want to replace a camera that is occupying a port) or depending on the port i plug the new camera into, it gives me two of the same images on the NVR monitor and bumps off a working camera.
I decided to do a factory reset. After plugging the camera into a unused port it seems to always chose an ip address of a camera already installed and working.
Weird!
Does this help?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After plugging the camera into a unused port it seems to always chose an ip address of a camera already installed and working.
Is it the IP of a cam on the NVR's private network subnet (connected to NVR POE) or the IP of the cams on the garage switch's network subnet (same as NVR's LAN) ?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same as the the NVR's LAN.
Anyway, all is well again. Here is the story, strange but true.
This is a plug and play camera like all the cams I have. Except that this camera for some unknown reason
would assign an ip that already existed, causing the camera to produce two images on the monitor. One in an
unused port and one knocking out an existing camera in another port.
I was just about to return the cam to the seller when I found a Dahua cam I had forgotten I had. I figured I'd
give it a try and see if did the same thing as the new camera.
So, right out of the box it did the same thing, that is two images of the of the camera appeared on
the NVR's monitor bumping another camera offline. What was different this time is that the "forgotten" camera's
ip was unique. So I decided to try the new camera one last time. I did a factory reset on it, and to my surprise it came up in the search (first time)
with the same unique ip number assigned as the "forgotten" camera! But still it would bump an existing camera.

The NVR is a sixteen port poe unit with 16 poe ports.
I have six cameras on it which leaves 10 ports open , So I plugged in the new camera in each port until it did not bump off an existing camera-
and...success!

Do I know why the new camera would choose an existing ip? I'll leave that to the experts. I haven't a clue. All I know is that every cam on the network is up
and running!