Dahua POE camera not online but showing power consumption

lane

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a new Dahua turrett camera that I puchased to replace one that went off line. Currently the new one is connected in a test mode, using IP to coax converters and on a short coax cable. On the NVR camera setting--->POE, it shows power consumption around 4 watts but offline. I have another dome camera, wired ethernet, showing no power consumption but online at 100MPS.

Background is, old turret was installed at gate approx 250 feet from house using coax along with 1004? coax/rj45 media converters. Camera started going in and out and eventually died. Bought a new one along with new media converters and it did not work at the gate. So I moved the new camera to the house, NVR-->1004 media converter-->4 feet coax---->1004 media converter--->new turrett and this is how it's connected now, but will not come online.

Tried swapping media converters, BNC-f type adapters, different ports (inlcuding the one that is currently active) and same result. Rebooted system.

So the one camera I have working is a direct ethernet dome camera. The one I can't get to work is a turret, either directly plugged in (RJ-45 or through the media converter and coax)

Does anyone have an idea of what the issue may be?

What other options do I have to get a camera working at the gate (250 feet away)? I do have some 850 multi-mode fiber with ST connectors running up there from the house. Ideally, I would like to work over coax. Alternately, over fiber, I do have a old cat 3 phone cable, ST Multilmode fiber, or can I use a wireless router to get it there? I could power up at the other end.

Confused,....