Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its IVS Rule with line crossing , this cam is coming from Europe.
You have to set the minimum target and maximum target size.

BICK
Yea, did that first thing in the IVS rule. What version of firmware are you running? Do you also have global tracking turn on or off?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE and have ZERO tracking issues. I also think it performs amazingly well at night too. In my opinion it's a great PTZ for its price. The only IR issue I had was when it was mounted close under my white soffit. I added the mount to it and have no IR glare at all. I highly suggest it for anyone that wants a Hikvision PTZ.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to configure presets, install additional fixed cameras to complement in the setup otherwise you will find the results very underwhelming

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another example. No obstacles in the foreground. The Hikvision did it perfectly of course and it DID have the mailbox in front of the car.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You paid $40 more for Hikvision, what else do you expect? jk Lol :p

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to configure presets, install additional fixed cameras to complement in the setup otherwise you will find the results very underwhelming
I have many fixed cameras and that is a complete hack. It will get a camera pointed in a specific direction, but it won't get the kind of tracking I need that I already get with my two Hikvision cameras.

I'm boxing this one up tomorrow to send it back and will get the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the Hikvision's firmware is more polished than Dahua's, there is no doubt about that :) I look forward to your review of the Hikvision model

I have many fixed cameras and that is a complete hack. It will get a camera pointed in a specific direction, but it won't get the kind of tracking I need that I already get with my two Hikvision cameras.

I'm boxing this one up tomorrow to send it back and will get the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE.

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone who has the Dahua tracking well post their firmware? I'm wondering if I have bad build at the time of manufacturing. Maybe I need to upgrade?

My current firmware is:

Device Type DH-SD59225U-HNI
System Version V2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27
WEB Version V3.2.1.780791
PTZ Version V2.301.0000000.22.RHNT_190923_33333

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That Hikvision blows the Dahua out of the water, WOW

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Sunba Illuminati has been getting good reviews on its tracking. I was just watching a review video when I realized all the menus are actually Hikvision menus rebranded to Sunba!!!!!

The video shows a quick walk through of all the menus and they are identical to my Hikvision cameras.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 Dahua auto tracking and 1 Hikvision auto tracking in use and the Hikvision blows away the Dahua in every which way . You're lucky to get 20%, I probably get .02% from the Dahua, literally.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 Dahua auto tracking and 1 Hikvision auto tracking in use and the Hikvision blows away the Dahua in every which way . You're lucky to get 20%, I probably get .02% from the Dahua, literally.
That 25% quote from me was only an hour or so after I got it installed. It's really more like 10%.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Sunba will be here Friday. I'll mount it in the same place the Dahua is now and compare it to the genuine Hikvision. The Hikvisions I have currently I bought two years ago this month but they were already two year old models when I bought them so they've got 4 year old tech in them. Hopefully the Sunba's have faster newer processors.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Sunba will be here Friday. I'll mount it in the same place the Dahua is now and compare it to the genuine Hikvision. The Hikvisions I have currently I bought two years ago this month but they were already two year old models when I bought them so they've got 4 year old tech in them. Hopefully the Sunba's have faster newer processors.
Please keep us posted on this unit!

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please keep us posted on this unit!
I will. I realize I'm in a possibly unique position of having two mounting spots so close together that I can make direct comparisons between two cameras on the same subjects.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I know, that Andy posted a 2019 firmware a while back, that had some bug(s) and he pulled it off. Maybe you have that version installed?!
It was posted, at the vendor section under Empiretech. See if you have the same firmware, or not.
I would try installing the once from Dahua. They are 2018 cam fw, and 2017 ptz fw. With these, you will need the Chrome plugin.
I personally haven't played much with these features much yet. Busy with other stuff.