Dahua PTZ Camera IR Illuminators not bright

Minguel

n3wb
Reaction score
I Have a Dahua DH-SD49425XB-HNR PTZ camera , the illuminator used to work very well, now its not illuminating the field of view very well, specs state the cam has 4 lamps, only 2 are lit at night now. Vendor I purchased from not very helpful. Tried all the settings in the IR field settings , compared to my bullet and dome cams. Anyone know for sure this cam has 4 IR LED's, can't see beyond the black screen where the IR's are ( night or day ). Cant find parts for the cam or I would replace the illuminator board myself
( It was purchased from a vendor on AliExpress, so getting service isn't an option)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To test it, go into the IR settings and change to manual and see if you can set a near and far IR. They have to total 100 so try 50 and 50 for each and see if you see 4 lights.

Also under day/night, make sure that electrical didn't get checked somehow and that ICR is checked.

How old is the camera? The LEDs are only rated for so many hours, usually 30,000-50,000 hours, which sounds like a lot, but that comes quickly. And maybe you just got a dud that went out early. I have some cameras going strong over 12 years, while another camera bought at the same time had the IR poop out after about 4 years.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
can you set the ir to manual and zoom in to end ?

check if the other 2 leds turn on when zooming...