Dahua ptz camera sd29204T-GN reset

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I search how i reset my camera sd29.... With hardware because i have any acces to my camera in my reseauIMG_20210620_124641.jpg

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There looks like there is a little button above the memory card slot that says "default". Probably hold that down while you power the cam on. Or hold it down for a few seconds while it is already powered on?

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score
This button is wps reset it's not a hard reset for camera. I dont have any acces with out reset
There looks like there is a little button above the memory card slot that says "default". Probably hold that down while you power the cam on. Or hold it down for a few seconds while it is already powered on?
This button

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not a clue then. Perhaps you need to short two of the wires coming out of it then. Like a reset and a ground wire? Im sure someone who knows better will help

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score
thank’s. Yes i know there is to pin to short it but i dont know where is the pin in card. Stil waiting for helping!!!
Not a clue then. Perhaps you need to short two of the wires coming out of it then. Like a reset and a ground wire? Im sure someone who knows better will help

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score

koppted

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this same problem, the button next to the Sd card slot (wps default) does not do the trick for me either. Let me know if you find out what works.

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@koppted

This is a pic from the manual. Reset button is shown there. In the manual it looks like there should be some sort of plate covering the circuit board and on that plate there is a button/hole to push a pin into. Do you have that plate? If it has that pin hole than it will locate the button for you. I cant see in the picture very well as its out of focus so cant see it on the picture the OP posted. If that pin hole isnt there then as i said before, maybe something on the board needs shorting but i wouldnt know what.

Capture.PNG

koppted

n3wb
Reaction score
@koppted

This is a pic from the manual. Reset button is shown there. In the manual it looks like there should be some sort of plate covering the circuit board and on that plate there is a button/hole to push a pin into. Do you have that plate? If it has that pin hole than it will locate the button for you. I cant see in the picture very well as its out of focus so cant see it on the picture the OP posted. If that pin hole isnt there then as i said before, maybe something on the board needs shorting but i wouldnt know what.

View attachment 93351
Hell Sphinxicus, thanks this seem to have helped, however now instead of giving me a "failed to access host message" it ask for a password. See attached file. By any chance is there a default password for this camera or is there somewhere I could set it myself?

Attachments

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hell Sphinxicus, thanks this seem to have helped, however now instead of giving me a "failed to access host message" it ask for a password. See attached file. By any chance is there a default password for this camera or is there somewhere I could set it myself?
Are you connceting your cam to an NVR? I'll admit i have no experience what-so-ever of NVR's. I think i read somewhere that NVR's activate/enable the cams themselves and push config to the cameras. Is there a way you can delete that camera from the NVR and "add a new one" where it will go through those steps? I'm completely guessing here btw :rofl:

koppted

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you connceting your cam to an NVR? I'll admit i have no experience what-so-ever of NVR's. I think i read somewhere that NVR's activate/enable the cams themselves and push config to the cameras. Is there a way you can delete that camera from the NVR and "add a new one" where it will go through those steps? I'm completely guessing here btw :rofl:
Yep this is all through the NVR. I bought this camera and the NVR4108P-4KL NVR and was using is as a test bed before I went full blown security camera around the house. Well I put it away during the winter, came back this week and turn it on, and was working, I decided to upgrade the firmware on the NVR and was going to do the same for the Camera, but unfortunately since the NVR fimware upgrade, I've had this problem where it doesn't recognize the camera.

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep this is all through the NVR. I bought this camera and the NVR4108P-4KL NVR and was using is as a test bed before I went full blown security camera around the house. Well I put it away during the winter, came back this week and turn it on, and was working, I decided to upgrade the firmware on the NVR and was going to do the same for the Camera, but unfortunately since the NVR fimware upgrade, I've had this problem where it doesn't recognize the camera.
That sucks. Can you downgrade the firmware on the NVR to the previous version? One of the reasons not to upgrade firmware unless it addresses a specific issue you are having. I'm afraid im at the limit of my knowledge here. If the downgrade isnt possible or successful then post back and hopefully someone with NVR experience will be able to help

koppted

n3wb
Reaction score
That sucks. Can you downgrade the firmware on the NVR to the previous version? One of the reasons not to upgrade firmware unless it addresses a specific issue you are having. I'm afraid im at the limit of my knowledge here. If the downgrade isnt possible or successful then post back and hopefully someone with NVR experience will be able to help
Thanks for your help, If I find a solution, ill be sure to come back and update.

koppted

n3wb
Reaction score
I
Hello can you tell me how i do to reset my camera because i find only circuit in the holes no boutton reset
if you look above on the picture that sphinxicus posted on post #10 above, there is a pin hole on the camera, that I myself didn't notice until he posted it. I used a sim card slot pin to push mine i held it for like 10 seconds or something, and I could hear some sound that made it look like it reset.

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks dear, i think my motherboard is hs can you teel me where i can buy one
I

if you look above on the picture that sphinxicus posted on post #10 above, there is a pin hole on the camera, that I myself didn't notice until he posted it. I used a sim card slot pin to push mine i held it for like 10 seconds or something, and I could hear some sound that made it look like it reset.