Dahua PTZ Dome Camera SD22204UE-GN Help Troubleshooting

camb989

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently purchased 2 SD22204UE-GN to replace some older 2MB Starlight Domes where i wanted PTZ capability. These fit in the existing junction boxes/mounts and seemed ideal on paper. However, after installing I discovered that these PTZ's are not performing as expected and it might be an issue with the default settings or something else. I'm not sure. Where I have mounted these cameras, I have other Dahua's that share the same view, distance from NVR.

The issue is that with the PTZ's if someone come into the field of vision on Live View...it is slow to capture. There is a several second delay whereas the other cameras are capturing in real time. Even after the delay where it finally shows the person it seems to skip some frames in the middle and skips to the person leaving. On video playback...everything looks like it is in super slow motion. The PTZ functions are a bit slow to respond.

I have checked the cables with a tester and everything is fine. 53V POE. When I switch back to another Dahua camera (non PTZ) everything works as expected. When I view the camera directly vs. NVR everything seems normal. So maybe it is an issue with the NVR DHI-NVR5216-4KS2. 10 of 16 channels being utilized including the PTZ. Houses 2 4TB drives.

Thank you!