Dahua PTZ issues....

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently set up a new system after installing the camera with all the same parameters I get NO PTZ control now? and I tries the factory power supply it made no difference.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI when I use my PTZ with firefox in linux it seems to experience no lag, dunno if that would help in windows.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think Ken @ BI has finally fixed my issue....just FYI he has changed the PTZ protocol from ONVIF to Dahua other and it seems to have worked...tks again...!

Rridl21

n3wb
Reaction score
I think Ken @ BI has finally fixed my issue....just FYI he has changed the PTZ protocol from ONVIF to Dahua other and it seems to have worked...tks again...!
@msp116 I had the same issue as you except I was also experiencing it in the web interface as well. I didn't have the problem when I had the March 2017 firmware but because of autotracking issues with the March firmware I downgraded to the July 2016 firmware. It fixed the autotracking issue but I began having focus problems and the lag issue. Sometimes I would hit the pan buttons and nothing would happen. Other times it was just delayed. I know Ken fixed your problem but you probably lost the ability to use the diagonal pan buttons in the process as the dahua setting in BI doesn't support it. I was able to fix my lag issue by keeping the make as generic and just lowering the "Receive buffer" under network options. I changed it from about 6.0 down to 3.0. Maybe it's just a fluke as i'm still pretty new at this but it seemed to work for me and I was able to keep my diagonal pan in BI so I figured I would share it.
Thanks
upload_2017-6-10_12-37-3.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason the HN vs HNI model uses different settings in BI. The HN works great using the "dahua other" ptz protocol. The diagonal arrows AND Home button work. If I switch to "Onvif" ptz protocol the diagonal arrows still work but the home button goes to some undefined point. I think this is why Ken recommends the "dahua other" but is probably unaware the HNI model is not the same. Too many models to support.....the list is unbelievable !! Kudos to Ken for supporting as many as BI does !

mindaugas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, Maybe you can help me. I have CCTV-Camera-DH-SD49225T-HN camera connected to switch and NVR. When I use default home position PTZ and PTZ presets positions, I cant use PTZ from my phone. From PC when I connected to NVR I can use PTZ very well, but from phone I cant. I try Easy4ip, gDMSS HD Lite. While I dont use Presets positions on camera it works...

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I came across this post while googling to try to figure out how to solve my BI delay with PTZ on my Dahua SD49225T-HN. There is zero delay if I connect directly to the camera via a browser. But with BI, it can take 30 seconds before it 'wakes up' and responds to PTZ commands. Once it's 'woken up' it's instantaneous for a while until I stop using it, then it needs to be woken up again.

I think I have the latest version of BI (4.7.4.3 x64). For PTZ control I've tried ONVIF, Dahua/Q-See RTSP and Dahua HFW2300R-Z/2320R-ZS/81200E settings. I don't have any other Dahua settings (I see above Dahua Other mentioned but I don't have that choice). It's not a huge deal, just one of those annoying things I'd been meaning to get around to trying to fix.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I came across this post while googling to try to figure out how to solve my BI delay with PTZ on my Dahua SD49225T-HN. There is zero delay if I connect directly to the camera via a browser. But with BI, it can take 30 seconds before it 'wakes up' and responds to PTZ commands. Once it's 'woken up' it's instantaneous for a while until I stop using it, then it needs to be woken up again.

I think I have the latest version of BI (4.7.4.3 x64). For PTZ control I've tried ONVIF, Dahua/Q-See RTSP and Dahua HFW2300R-Z/2320R-ZS/81200E settings. I don't have any other Dahua settings (I see above Dahua Other mentioned but I don't have that choice). It's not a huge deal, just one of those annoying things I'd been meaning to get around to trying to fix.
If you didn't, try using Find/Inspect in BI. Just open the correct tab, and click on find/inspect.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I'm also having problems with the PTZ in Blue Iris with my SD49225T-HN

When i do a Find/Inspect, it will find the camera just fine. It sets it to:
Generic, RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4

The path is automatically filled in with:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

In the PTZ Control tab, it sets to:
ONVIF (OXML)

With these settings, i can move in all directions with all the ptz buttons, zoom in/out works, but the focus does nothing. The presets work fine. IR function does nothing.

Then i changed the PTZ control to:
Amcrest/Dahua and left the video settings as stated above.
With these settings, Most buttons work, but the up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right are not working. Zoom works fine, and the focus buttons work. Presets also work. IR function does nothing.

This is a little bit frustrating, as it is either way. Use the focus or not, full movement capable or not. I've tried all the other PTZ profiles in the list, but no luck finding one that works on all buttons in BI. Sometimes when i move the camera, it just does not stop moving, and keeps spinning like a carousel. And i also have the movement lag problem.

I think there is something not right in the profiles for the Dahua's, as they all have different settings as it seems. I love BI, and it would be great if the problem could be solved. I've looked into it with SNMP, and when i press a button in BI, SNMP shows messages like login/ logout. login / logout, just like login, sending a HTTP command to the camera and log off again. Maybe that's where the lag comes from.

Smart PSS works totally fine, no lag, no ptz problems.

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fwiw find/inspect just set it to what it was already set to. Didn't resolve the arrow delay. Just odd, it's like there's some sort of sleep function and once it wakes up, arrow response is instant until it goes back to sleep again.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm also having problems with the PTZ in Blue Iris with my SD49225T-HN

When i do a Find/Inspect, it will find the camera just fine. It sets it to:
Generic, RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4

The path is automatically filled in with:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

In the PTZ Control tab, it sets to:
ONVIF (OXML)

With these settings, i can move in all directions with all the ptz buttons, zoom in/out works, but the focus does nothing. The presets work fine. IR function does nothing.

Then i changed the PTZ control to:
Amcrest/Dahua and left the video settings as stated above.
With these settings, Most buttons work, but the up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right are not working. Zoom works fine, and the focus buttons work. Presets also work. IR function does nothing.

This is a little bit frustrating, as it is either way. Use the focus or not, full movement capable or not. I've tried all the other PTZ profiles in the list, but no luck finding one that works on all buttons in BI. Sometimes when i move the camera, it just does not stop moving, and keeps spinning like a carousel. And i also have the movement lag problem.

I think there is something not right in the profiles for the Dahua's, as they all have different settings as it seems. I love BI, and it would be great if the problem could be solved. I've looked into it with SNMP, and when i press a button in BI, SNMP shows messages like login/ logout. login / logout, just like login, sending a HTTP command to the camera and log off again. Maybe that's where the lag comes from.

Smart PSS works totally fine, no lag, no ptz problems.
For the SD49225T-HN I am using this setting for my PTZ...everything works perfect, not sure about the IR light though, never use it. Its touchy, first you use the find/inspect....then change the ptz control to what I have shown.

Attachments

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Email BI support.
Will do that, after i look into it a little more. I don't give up that easy :D

For the SD49225T-HN I am using this setting for my PTZ...everything works perfect, not sure about the IR light though, never use it. Its touchy, first you use the find/inspect....then change the ptz control to what I have shown.
Thanks for the help, but this didn't work for my setup. It's weird, as we both use the same camera in conjunction with BI. For me it's version 4.7.6.6

Anyways, i will give it some more shots and tries, and if it then still not works, i will give the support a go on it.