Dahua ptz question

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I were to only use 720p on the cam should I look into the 2mp blackface ptz model or 4mp model should be ok? I noticed 4mp takes in 128sd card size and 2mp takes in 64 sd cArd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2MP will have better low light, why will you only use 720p?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to save on disk space plus won't it be better playback when viewed from tinycam app if it's set to 720p? More resolution means more cpu power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you using it for security surveillance? if so it dont matter 2 licks what resolution your display is, more pixels is more data and better image.. you can zoom in on the recordings without loosing quality.. unless your streaming it to a 720p display only and never recording anything I can think of absolutely no reason to run a camera at 720p that is capable of better than that.

if your just saving it to disk, more resolution wont take any more cpu power.. you can run twice the resolution and half the frame rate and have the same storage requirements, and end up with better video.

have you looked at the price of HDD's lately? I record 24/7/365 on 7 cameras all 1080p or better and get near a month of archive storage.. lowering resolution to save on diskspace is like cutting your toes off to make your feet lighter thinking it'll help you run faster.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I own the 12x version of it, had it for over 2 years now.. and absolutely love it.. its one of the best PTZ's I've ever encountered.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
No worries on speed or bandwidth for tinycam app. It has an easy switch for viewing substream not the full stream. View on substream almost all the time.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
seems like that seller hasnt responded to my question.lets say i buy that pal ptz cam.then months down the road i decide to buy nvr.will i also need to buy nvr that is pal? wonder why they are not responding.they been open 2 years lol

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wont make a lick of difference in that situation, I have a NTSC PTZ and a PAL NVR, they work fine..