Dahua PTZ SD59430U-HN

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Before I pull the trigger on getting my first good PTZ camera, I'd like everyone's input, insights, and "watch-outs" on the one I've narrowed down. I've been researching 4mp PTZs for quite some time. I landed on this one after finding it on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DAHUA-4MP-30x-H-265-Network-IR-PTZ-Dome-Camera-IP66-Original-English-Version-without-Logo/1088763_32606879834.html

I plan to place it at the top of my front gate, which is about 8 feet tall.
Here is what I need to be able to do with it:

Zoom in to the street around 60 feet away (I have a long driveway plus the width sidewalk) to get clear video of cars passing by.
I want to be able to get a high quality capture of the car, so as to easily identify make and model. I also would like to be able to get a good look at the driver and/or passengers in the cars passing by. There is some landscape lighting as well as street lighting at night.

I also want good wide angle during normal recording to capture my front yard.

Let me know if there are better cameras at the ~$600 price point.
Also, please let me know if I'm overpaying for its quality. I'm just learning about this stuff...and would like to not be taken for a fool.
Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats a bit more zoom than you need, but should be fine.. seeing people inside the vehicle is kinda asking for alot.. my LPR camera with high zoom can do it sometimes when the lighting is just right.. ie its looking east and when the sun is to the west and in people's faces I get a decent shot of that.. but shutter speeds are very high for license plates.. only way I see to get this consistently is with a southernly traffic.. and forget about it at night, any lighting you provide will reflect right off the angled windshield.

other than that its a great camera.. I have the 2MP 12x version of that up for a couple years and I love how it performs.. so fast and great IR, not really a better PTZ on the market this price.

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thats a bit more zoom than you need, but should be fine.. seeing people inside the vehicle is kinda asking for alot.. my LPR camera with high zoom can do it sometimes when the lighting is just right.. ie its looking east and when the sun is to the west and in people's faces I get a decent shot of that.. but shutter speeds are very high for license plates.. only way I see to get this consistently is with a southernly traffic.. and forget about it at night, any lighting you provide will reflect right off the angled windshield.

other than that its a great camera.. I have the 2MP 12x version of that up for a couple years and I love how it performs.. so fast and great IR, not really a better PTZ on the market this price.
Hey thanks nayr. Just went to buy it...It has a pretty long delivery time, for what I'm looking for. Hmmm....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah if your ordering from china you better plan ahead, importing it to save some money is not a quick endeavor.. or amazon would just be in china

briand123

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah if your ordering from china you better plan ahead, importing it to save some money is not a quick endeavor.. or amazon would just be in china
Hi Nayr. I was looking into these Dahua cams and came across your posts here. I see you are in the US like me. On ali, it says these are PAL cams. Are they really only PAL cams w/o NTSC support?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Nayr. I was looking into these Dahua cams and came across your posts here. I see you are in the US like me. On ali, it says these are PAL cams. Are they really only PAL cams w/o NTSC support?
Today just get message from dahua North American, the US dahua complaint for us sell this model to USA, Because buy from China cheaper, There is no effect for using PAL or NTSC for the ip cameras.As we sell thousands PAL to US till now. Just a tricky from dahua.lol

briand123

n3wb
Reaction score
Today just get message from dahua North American, the US dahua complaint for us sell this model to USA, Because buy from China cheaper, There is no effect for using PAL or NTSC for the ip cameras.As we sell thousands PAL to US till now. Just a tricky from dahua.lol
Can I do a RTSP pull from this camera like Axis?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes it offers RTSP via UDP and TCP for all streams; MJPEG HTTP Stream is only offered for primary stream (if MJPEG)

briand123

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks because I now see aliex shows no availability for this one. Looks like the Trump effect is setting in already. lol

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks because I now see aliex shows no availability for this one. Looks like the Trump effect is setting in already. lol
lol Trump is a crazy guy, i can settle down all within this year, i booked hundreds, just waiting them come. Maybe new guys have to wait near Christmas. We don't celebrate the Christmas, Chinese celebrate the Chinese new year at Jan.20th. So we work when you guys in Holiday.

Hope can sort all out very soon, i am in a big pressure now.:(

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Now latest model for this SD59430U-HN is SD59430U-HNI adding IVS and Autotracking Functions. I already share the instructions for the settings. Perfect for using.
All dahua PTZ if SDXXX-XXI support such functions.