Dahua RTMP YouTube issue

Jeffrm20

n3wb
Reaction score
Long time lurker…..

I’ve seen a handful of old posts but never any resolution….

Dahua dome camera streaming to YouTube via RTMP. Feed works great for. Few hours, but loses feed but still says “excellent condition” but not actually streaming. Using it as a live weather cam embedded into my website. I’ve tried a bunch of different settings but same result after a few hours. My only remedy has been having camera on a WiFi socket that I can turn off then back on remotely and I get feed back for some time before losing it again.

IMG_1415.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the "Stream Health" tab ever display any issues, suggestions or warnings prior to the stream ending?
Does the camera provide audio?

Under "YouTube Studio" => "Settings" => "Channel" => "Feature Eligibility" => "Advanced Features", are you eligible and have those "Enabled" ?

Last edited:

Jeffrm20

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the "Stream Health" tab ever display any issues, suggestions or warnings prior to the stream ending?
Does the camera provide audio?

Under "YouTube Studio" => "Settings" => "Channel" => "Feature Eligibility" => "Advanced Features", are you eligible and have those "Enabled" ?
yes camera has audio. Stream works great, no errors. Just after a few hours I get the screen posted above but still showing excellent condition

yes all are enabled

IMG_1431.pngIMG_1430.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang, I hate stuff where all the right boxes are check and you still have issues and the online troubleshooting provided by the host is of no help....but I especially hate it when you can't call and speak to a genuine person with some knowledge that can actually help resolve the issue. :idk:

I could stream to YT from Blue Iris reliably as long as I ran a task in Windows Task Scheduler that would send a camera restart command via HTTP to BI every hour. If I did not do that it would run a variable length of time, sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 8 hours and then disconnect....stream would say "healthy". VERY annoying. Streaming from OBS however was not nearly as unpredictable.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Long time lurker…..

I’ve seen a handful of old posts but never any resolution….

Dahua dome camera streaming to YouTube via RTMP. Feed works great for. Few hours, but loses feed but still says “excellent condition” but not actually streaming. Using it as a live weather cam embedded into my website. I’ve tried a bunch of different settings but same result after a few hours. My only remedy has been having camera on a WiFi socket that I can turn off then back on remotely and I get feed back for some time before losing it again.

View attachment 187297
i use my dahua PTZ for RTMP to youtube , but have never tested it for an extended period of time. makes me think i should.