Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR Issue/question

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I check the total work time on this cam, 62 days, 13 hours.
My question is on the PTZ function. I thought it was spot on after setting up my presets with hot zones in the home preset in BI, but it's not. It does not go back to that same spot I preset, close, but no cigar and I believe it did better at first, not sure now.

Are you guys getting prefect placement on your presets? Or am I asking to much from the cam? Or is there something wrong with it? I question if it ever was prefect.
One thing for sure, it will not move and then jump when I put it in the home preset. Far as I know, it only jumps around in that one spot or area only. What I mean my jumps around, I'll hold the arrow button down continuely to move the camera and it will not move for a few nano seconds and then take off bat out of hell. Or I'll mouse click the arrow button one at a time and nothing happens, so I continue to click one at a time, then after 3-4 clicks, it moves a bunch, like it catching up. It's like that both UP and Down, like a bad spot in whatever moves it.

Things I've tried. Check level of the cam, was not perfect, now it is and still the same issue. I've restarted the PTZ in the camera itself using a browser and nothing has changed
System version: 2.800.0000009.3R, Build Date: 2020-03-31

So whats all your take on this? suggestions?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you use find/inspect to add the camera to BI?
Did you change any preset's after adding the cam to BI? If so, run find/inspect again.
In BI on the setup page for the camera, Choose PTZ, then in the dropdown, chose Dahua New V4 instead of ONVIF.
29400838_BLUEIRISSERVER732021_134421.png

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you use find/inspect to add the camera to BI?
Did you change any preset's after adding the cam to BI? If so, run find/inspect again.
In BI on the setup page for the camera, Choose PTZ, then in the dropdown, chose Dahua New V4 instead of ONVIF.
Yes, I used find/inspect to find camera. Didn't change any presets, if I do, it's only in BI so far.
I use find/inspect again and all is still the same and after changing it back to Dahua New V4.
So, yeah, still doing the same.

Reaction score
While I do not have the exact cam as you, I have the SD12203T-GN (two actually) and have found that it does not always return exactly to the #1 preset position. So I can move them around by hitting presets and/or moving with the PTZ controls in BI, but then when I click preset 1, it may go back exactly and it may be a little off. The reason I know it is off as I have motion zones set up and I can see that they do not exactly line up. Generally, it is in the vertical (up and down) where it is not quite moving high enough. But if I move it a few times then it seems to go back fairly close f not exact. It is annoying as fork. This happens in BI and through the web GUI.

There does seem to be some delay also in the arrow and zoom controls.

I also have an SD1A203T-GN and it does the same thing.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
While I do not have the exact cam as you, I have the SD12203T-GN (two actually) and have found that it does not always return exactly to the #1 preset position. So I can move them around by hitting presets and/or moving with the PTZ controls in BI, but then when I click preset 1, it may go back exactly and it may be a little off. The reason I know it is off as I have motion zones set up and I can see that they do not exactly line up. Generally, it is in the vertical (up and down) where it is not quite moving high enough. But if I move it a few times then it seems to go back fairly close f not exact. It is annoying as fork. This happens in BI and through the web GUI.

There does seem to be some delay also in the arrow and zoom controls.

I also have an SD1A203T-GN and it does the same thing.
Thanks, pretty much what I have got going, but worse. I have my presets 1-5 on a left to right viewing, no elevation added or subtracted and all will be off after one gets off the set preset. I end up having to reset them all because it won't return. If I do my cam exercise, up, down, left and right thing I mention in my first post, then it's off in the other direction (up) and have to reset everything again.I guess it looks like it binds up a little in the same spot every time I go there, it's pretty much in my home position.
I think it worked almost perfect at first. I've been running a Amcrest indoor PTZ out there for a good 3-4 years and PTZ was why I upgraded to this camera.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a SD1A203T-GN and a SD1A404XB-GNR. Neither will stay put. Close, but they seem to move some on their own. And once they move, they are off by some amount. I have found to fix it, send them to a wildly different preset, different location, different zoom, not a little, but a LOT!. Then hit the preset, and it is spot on, or as close as I expect it to be. I generally don't use the PTZ functions on mine much, but I have seen this several times.