Dahua SD29204T-GN POE 2MP Full HD Built-in Mic Network Mini IR PTZ Dome Camera

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua says: Allweather proof. My camera is outside in heavy snowfalls and -20° Celsius. Still walking strong:)
So how long have you had it out like that exposed to the elements? Mine is also mounted outdoors for about 8 months now, however not exposed like yours.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah thats the most brave place Ive seen it.. mine just turned a year old on the patio and no problem.. other than it needs WDR very badly where I have it installed.

if it lasts out there then ive been quite conservative about this, but then again YMMV

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
So how long have you had it out like that exposed to the elements? Mine is also mounted outdoors for about 8 months now, however not exposed like yours.
About two month. ´First in heavy rainfall, now in havy snowfall. I think I will tie a adhaesiv tape around the body and the holder. Hope that helps. Funny: the wall mount bracket has a gasket and is Waterproof :)
Strange

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Funny: the wall mount bracket has a gasket and is Waterproof :)
Strange
The bracket is designed to be used with a variety of cameras, many of which were designed with IP67 ratings. Keep us posted on how it handles the weather over time.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
About two month. ´First in heavy rainfall, now in havy snowfall. I think I will tie a adhaesiv tape around the body and the holder. Hope that helps. Funny: the wall mount bracket has a gasket and is Waterproof :)
Strange
That's amazing, and no changes in video quality? Been debating on moving mine to a corner where its more susceptible to seeing a little rain/snow. It will still be under the roof eaves but less protection than where its at now.

Yeah I would use some type of seal on the base of the camera. Especially where the SD card cover and bottom cover are located. Then use a little more around the base after it's mounted on that bracket. But that's just me.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange
How about some clear silicone calk like the ones used on bathroom fixtures?