Dahua SD42212SN PTZ experiences

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got a new Dahua PTZ with this firmware 2.420.0001.0.R, build : 2014-06-07. Does anyone else have this firmware installed? Want to get feedback if there's issues with either this firmware or older firmware before I try older firmware.

For me it's gets intermittently laggy, like 5-7 seconds to start moving after clicking a PTZ function and I'm thinking it may be firmware related and thinking about back-leveling to 2013 firmware but wanted to get feedback about experiences with this firmware. Going to lower bitrates, lower resolution, lower frame rates help, cuts the intermittent lag to 2-3 seconds, but still apparent. Not a network issue as my PC and the camera are plugged into the same gigabit switch, short 5' cable and video is smooth.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't really answer your question but I have not been happy with my IPC-HFW2300R-Z. Now to be fair, I've only messed with it for a few days here.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downgrade the firmware to 2013 firmware and the camera is much more responsive, no lag issue.

I actually like the IPC-HFW2300R-Z and thought about replacing an older ACTi camera I have with it. Someone said ones that came in a color box were bad, don't know, but mine came in a brown box from a U.S. distributor.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, just waiting to get it mounted at our lake house for more interesting shots than my driveway.

suzook

n3wb
Reaction score
great cant wait. Nicole has one with my name on it very soon