Dahua SD49225T PTZ Wonky After Upgrade to BI5

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last night I upgraded to BI5 (great upgrade, extremely smooth install).

Sadly, the camera I use the most, a Dahua SD49225T Starlight, has a couple of PTZ issues I cannot figure out.

First Issue:
In BI4, the PTZ function was "tight" but in BI5 it is "loose" Not sure how else to explain it, other than to say, for example, when I pan left or right in BI4 the movement is crisp and predictable. In BI5 it is sloppy and small movements cannot be made. I've tried every configuration option for the Dahua brand in the video setting menu as well as the two "new Dahua" settings in the PTZ menu. The current settings were inherited during the BI5 upgrade and all else works fine.

Second Issue:
The "PTZ with mouse cursor" no longer works in BI5. Again, same config settings as with BI4, but no go.

I'm hopeful I am just not seeing the correct settings or perhaps someone else with a a Dahua SD49225T has figured this out already.

Shawn

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 59225 which should be the same as far as the PTZ part goes. I have found that under V5 that the ONVIF profile under the PTZ tab works better that V4 did for me. Now I get nice quick small motions that don't lag like they did in V4. Have you tried that profile?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey td, thanks for the reply. Well I went back and checked and I was using the ONVIF PTZ profile. But, since I was in the PTZ tab again, I figured I'd step thru each option there again. Low and behold, the Dahua HFW2300R.... profile corrected the sloppiness issue (still no mouse PTZ control, but no biggie).

If it weren't for your reply I wouldn't have corrected the main issue, so thanks very much.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI I am using these settings on my SD49225T and my mouse arrows work as well as everything else. I don't think mine is sloppy, but that's hard to say :)
Running BI 5.0.6.11 You might have to adjust the speed to your taste.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just installed mine today I'm in the process of rebuilding my system and i am running the latest update of blue iris. i can use the mouse in blue iris and it moves in small steps if i click it and it will speed up if i hold the mouse button down. I'm running in default settings for now and i will make adjustments for presets and more during the week.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI I am using these settings on my SD49225T and my mouse arrows work as well as everything else. I don't think mine is sloppy, but that's hard to say :)
Running BI 5.0.6.11 You might have to adjust the speed to your taste.
Hey Tinman, I really appreciate your time and effort to share those settings with me. I just tried those exact settings, but it was a no go for my cam. The PTZ function didn't work at all, oddly enough. I'm thinking it could be a firmware issue.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Tinman, I really appreciate your time and effort to share those settings with me. I just tried those exact settings, but it was a no go for my cam. The PTZ function didn't work at all, oddly enough. I'm thinking it could be a firmware issue.
You may be right on that. Mine is a older one and here is what I am running.

Attachments

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well thanks again Tinman. Looks like I'm a couple of years behind you. No wonder I had issues. :)

PTZ Info.jpg