Dahua SD49425XB-HNR auto tracking and too many ONVIF triggers

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 of these cameras and the auto tracking works pretty good. I am using this with Blue Iris and motion triggers setup in BI.
I want to make use of the IVS and ONVIF triggers in BI to help eliminate some false alarms. When I leave the settings alone in the camera and enable the ONVIF triggers I get too many false positives. I can fix that by going to the camera and disabling motion detection. If I do that then the camera won't auto track anymore.
Is there a way to have both the auto tracking and ONVIF triggers ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I am doing exactly that.

Autotracking is done from within IVS not Motion detection, so I am not sure why you lose tracking when you turn off motion detection unless you are using that as a generic term.

But there is a bug with BI and this camera in that it keeps turning on MD and SMD.

BI will trigger for any ONVIF trigger.

So if you only want the ONVIF triggers when it autotracks, you need to employ the hack those of us with that camera use.

Go into MD and SMD and select one square in a corner and make it the least sensitive. Also put on a schedule for the minimal time possible. That way even though BI turns MD on there is nothing there to trigger.

Then setup Smart IVS for autotracking.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay here are my settings:

1683571557300.png

1683571612304.png

1683571629644.png

1683571737721.png

With these settings the auto tracking does not work. If I check the box on the motion detection tab then it auto tracks.

I'm testing now to see if checking the SMD allows auto tracking and no false positives using ONVIF.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, when the SMD is checked I get false positives.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone see what I am doing wrong in this setup?

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. I am doing exactly that.

Autotracking is done from within IVS not Motion detection, so I am not sure why you lose tracking when you turn off motion detection unless you are using that as a generic term.

But there is a bug with BI and this camera in that it keeps turning on MD and SMD.

BI will trigger for any ONVIF trigger.

So if you only want the ONVIF triggers when it autotracks, you need to employ the hack those of us with that camera use.

Go into MD and SMD and select one square in a corner and make it the least sensitive. Also put on a schedule for the minimal time possible. That way even though BI turns MD on there is nothing there to trigger.

Then setup Smart IVS for autotracking.

It sounds like you are saying that I need to turn off MD and SMD.
I have a intrusion box drawn on the Deep IVS tab so is that what you are talking about as far as the square in the corner? Should I add another intrusion box other than the one I am using?

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay it does seem to auto track with the MD and SMD off. I don't know why it wasn't working before.
I do see MD enabled again after I log back into the camera so you are saying that BI will enable that?

To fix that I think you are saying to go to Video Detection > Motion Detection > Area and Remove All and then select at box and select the lowest sensitivity like this?

1683656550961.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. BI for some reason turns it on. So make it the one block, least sensitivity and then set the period schedule for the minimum amount or a time period you know nothing would come by.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. BI for some reason turns it on. So make it the one block, least sensitivity and then set the period schedule for the minimum amount or a time period you know nothing would come by.
Thanks for your assistance.