Dahua SD59225U-HNI Bricked! Anyway To Recover?

aseba

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two SD59225U-HNI PTZ cameras and I recently (successfully) ran a firmware upgrade via the webpage on the first camera. The zip file containing the firmware files from Dauha's website contains five .bin files including one called web-x.squashfs.bin. I very stupidly decided to try this file on the firmware upgrade thinking that it might upgrade the web UI. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this resulted in the camera being 'bricked'. The web UI had disappeared and so had the image from the recorder. I could still ping it using its original IP address (not the default) but this was intermittent. Some times I would get no reply at all. The camera kept it's IP address therefore and when it boots, it runs through the startup sequence before returning to its last set position. I've done a bit of Googling and came across other Dahua cameras that had been restored via serial and TFTP. I opened the camera, but could not see anything that was clearly indicated as a serial interface. I also set up a TFTP server and connected the camera directly to my PC with Wireshark running but saw no TFTP requests. There was traffic from the camera but nothing that looked useful. I then downloaded the Dahua Config Tool and tried to see if it discovered the camera. To my surprise, it did but the firmware upgrade part did not work. An error message showed up saying "connection error". I then tried to reset the camera using the internal button. The IP address changed to the default (192.168.1.108) but the traffic in Wireshark looked much the same as before. The config tool now showed the camera as "uninitialised" and I "Insitalised" it but the firmware upgrade still failed. I tired telnet and SSH with no success.

Is there any easy fix for this? If there is nothing I can do, is there anyone who can repair it in the UK? Will Dauha do this? Any help or guidance will be much appreciated! I don't want to waste a good camera for what appears to be a fixable software problem! First time posting here so I hope I've not missed anything.

1606265263447.png
msedge_OIBYjSOvx2.pngConfigTool_pKziBkecaB.png