Dahua SD59225U-HNI Camera

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
consumer routers can typically only handle a netmask 255.255.255.0 (or even smaller) which means you only have the last octet of the IP address to play with in a given subnet. Change your DHCP server so you have a range or IPs for static addresses and give everything on your network address between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.254

it's pretty clear there are some basic things you DO NOT UNDERSTAND, yet you insist you do and act like an arrogant ass and then get your feelings hurt when that doesn't make people want to help you. PEBKAC

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
this what I get when trying to change it to static to match the nvr

seems your IT skills leave something to be desired lol

View attachment 14498

You realllllllly should stop being a douche if you can't figure out the problem with the pic you just posted and actually want help. Swallow some pride, read the recommended links, and look at your settings again.

itservice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
None of you that talk this Hikvision up can tell why the NVR won't assign a address to the Dahua camera
Any ass can get this to work with BI on the same network try it with Hikvision NVR then you can talk shit
Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive done it plenty of times with HIkvision NVR's..

Thats not a Hikvision camera; why do you expect your Hikvision NVR to be able to do any configuration to a 3rd party camera? There's no DHCP Service or anything running, this is a manual configuration.. And apparently a manual network configuration is well beyond your capabilities..

your so dense you can bend light.. better stay away from cameras or you'll fuck em all up.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
None of you that talk this Hikvision up can tell why the NVR won't assign a address to the Dahua camera
Any ass can get this to work with BI on the same network try it with Hikvision NVR then you can talk shit
Thanks
Who is talking up hikvision? You're basically fucked with your attitude... short of sending someone 10k or more cash in advance, to fly out to your stupid ass and fix your problem... I doubt u will find ANY help here.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks
this will be my last attempt to contribute anything useful to this thread... any further responses will just be to call you out for acting like an ass

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow how did it escalate so quickly...

For anyone interested, this is how it should look for a typical install: (i would not use the built-in POE for 3rd party stuff via ONVIF, at least not at first)

upload_2017-1-26_23-17-40.png
1. Dahua IP PTZ address should be under same subnet as router (for example, if router is 192.168.1.1, then the address should be 192.168.1.xxx and default gateway is 192.168.1.1)
-(the software to detect and change the IP of Dahua stuff is called Config Tool, you can dl from Dahua's wiki page, basically Dahua's version of SADP)

2. under configuration->Network...change Hikvision NVR's LAN IP address (NOT THE BUILT-IN-POE) should be same subnet as router. Should also be 192.168.1.xxx. ( Leave the part on the bottom that says Internal NIC alone (192.168.254.1))
3. Under Cameras, go to one of the channels, since you have 16 ch and 16 POE, you cannot 'add' additional cameras, but you can EDIT one of the channels (looks like a paper icon).
4. Edit the channel you want, change from plug and play to Manual and keep it as Manual.
5. Change the protocol to ONVIF, change the port to the HTTP port of the IP PTZ, punch in your admin login for the ptz
6. now you can put in the Dahua camera's IP address and it should connect.
(Because IP ptz draws more power than usual small cameras, i highly recommend using the POE injector that it should come with even if the built-in POE works)

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I once tried to get a dahua cam on my hikvision nvr. It is not straight forward process as i expected.

I would suggest asking it in hikvision section, and search on youtube.

Link on other forum: Dahua camera with Hikvision NVR - CCTV Forum

Dahua wiki has the procedure other way (as in hikvision cam on dahua nvr
Perhaps somewhere in hikvision website they explain?

I will just replace all the hikvision items with dahua and sell them off when i move. Not like mixing.